Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
As a full-service law firm with offices across the United States and in Canada, Dickinson Wright provides practical solutions for businesses navigating the regulations that govern their daily operations. Our attorneys regularly represent clients before agencies and authorities at the federal, state, and local levels, working extensively with those in the following areas:
• Counseling and litigating before local, county, state, and federal agencies, as well as interaction with various governmental officials and appeals from state tribunals.
• Dealing with the Federal Elections Commission, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Federal Reserve Board, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and North American gaming authorities.
• Securing regulatory agency approvals, certificates of need, licenses, renewals, and transfers.
• Representing regulated clients in administrative or contested case hearings.
• Counseling clients on insurance insolvency matters, company formation, form and rate approvals.
• Providing customized assistance with regulatory compliance in advertising and promoting products and services, pre-market review, licensing of products, product safety, product liability, and product recalls.
• Litigation and appeals as a result of administrative decisions or agency inaction.
Below is a sample of services we continuously provide to clients across the country.
In Michigan, we regularly practice before the Michigan Public Service Commission, the Michigan Department of Health, the Michigan Liquor Control Commission, the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation, the Michigan Gaming Control Board and the Michigan Department of State.
In Arizona, we have appeared before numerous public bodies, including the Arizona Corporation Commission, the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, the Registrar of Contractors, the Arizona Liquor Licensing Board, the Arizona State Procurement Office, and various city and county agencies, including the Phoenix County Council.
In Nevada, we regularly represent clients before the Nevada State Gaming Control Board, the Nevada Gaming Commission, the Clark County Liquor and Gaming Licensing Board, the Las Vegas City Council, and numerous state and local boards and commissions.
In Ohio, we represent clients before the Governor’s office and all manner of state agencies including the Public Utilities Commission, Ohio Power Siting Board, Department of Education, Bureau of Workers Compensation, Ohio EPA, Department of Commerce, Department of Taxation and Board of Tax Appeals, and the Department of Insurance. We also interface regularly with JobsOhio, the state’s economic development arm.