If you participate in the health care industry, you face a number of industry-specific laws, rules and regulations. Dickinson Wright’s interdisciplinary health care practice group and attorneys have the expertise and experience to provide sophisticated, cost-effective legal services to a broad range of health care industry clients.
We have a broad range of clients including:
- Hospitals and acute care providers.
- Long term care facilities.
- Behavioral health facilities.
- Dialysis centers and suppliers of dialysis products and services.
- Ambulatory surgery centers.
- Home health care providers.
- Physicians and dentists (in both individual and group practice settings).
- Physical therapists.
- Dental and physician practice management companies (including physician associations).
- Group purchasing organizations.
- Assisted living facilities.
- Social services agencies.
- Radiology and radiology management companies.
- Medicaid managed care organizations.
- Health care and dental insurers and HMOs.
- Disability insurers and lenders.
- Investment bankers and private equity funds.
- Health care-related software vendors and developers.
- Health care-related data storage centers.
- Memory care centers.
- Substance abuse rehabilitation facilities.
- Medical device companies.
- Home health care.
Our health care attorneys have expertise in a broad spectrum of transactional, regulatory, compliance and litigation related matters, including for example:
- Assisting clients with regulatory, licensure and compliance matters, including: Stark, anti-kickback/fraud and abuse analysis and compliance; issues relating to HIPAA, HITECH and other health care IT issues; Certificate of Need (CON); medical staff privileging and peer review; corporate practice; and managed care issues.
- Advising both nonprofit and for-profit health care entities on governance, labor and employment, mergers and acquisitions, employee benefits and ERISA, tax and tax-exemption, intellectual property, and immigration matters.
- Working with health care companies and their investors, lenders and underwriters in transactional and financial matters of all degrees of complexity.
- Handling leases, employment agreements and other arrangements with referring physicians and others.
- Representing health care providers in the development, acquisition, construction, ownership and leasing of medical facilities.
- Counseling practitioners and professional practice groups on a wide range of organizational, governance, equity ownership and employee matters.
- Assisting clients with a wide array of health care IT-related issues including: “covered entity” and “business associate” compliance, “meaningful use” requirements, IT asset acquisition (including licensing), risk insurance (e.g., cyber risk, data breach, etc.), compliance with federal and state privacy and data security laws and regulations (including breach response requirements), and issues related to the storage of health care-related data including outsourcing and cloud computing.
- Counseling and advising on telemedicine issues, including credentialing and licensure issues.
- Counseling and advising on Accountable Care Organization structural and related issues.
To view our comprehensive Dickinson Wright Health Care Attorney Guide, please click here.