Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Family law is an emotionally charged area requiring lawyers sensitive to the nature of domestic relations issues and their impact on all affected parties, especially children. At Dickinson Wright, our objective is always to help our clients solve problems, not create or exacerbate them. In complex divorce cases, clients benefit from our dedicated team of family law attorneys who have an in-depth knowledge of the laws related to property, business valuations, support, child custody, and parenting-time issues, and beyond.
Whenever possible, we encourage out-of-court settlements. Our experience shows that most contested cases can be settled effectively in this way. However, when litigation is necessary, our clients benefit from the team’s extensive experience litigating in state courts, as well as our experience in private mediation and arbitration.
As a full-service law firm, we draw on the resources of our other practice areas to ensure that we address and mitigate every potential point of concern that may emerge, including tax, pension and retirement funds, estate planning, probate, bankruptcy law, business and corporate matters, real estate, and tort litigation.
Dickinson Wright’s family law attorneys care deeply about our clients. We pride ourselves in representing a diverse clientele, and we value each individual we represent as our only client. Our clients include professionals, entertainers, sports figures, and other individuals who can benefit from the knowledge and experience of our lawyers.
Our family law team defines success by our clients’ metrics. We are proactive and accessible, seeking to go above and beyond for each client, providing practical solutions and actionable advice. With an extensive family law practice in Arizona, Michigan, and Tennessee that includes many certified family law specialists and members of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, we are honored by the recognition received from both clients and peers for our industry experience and commitment to excellent representation. Many of our family law attorneys are recognized, Best Lawyers®, DBusiness Top Lawyers, Super Lawyers®, Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona, and other leading evaluating organizations.
We offer a full range of solutions for domestic relation issues, including:
• Fundamental divorce matters, including division of property, valuation of marital businesses, and spousal support (alimony).
• High conflict custody issues, including parenting time, legal decision making, paternity, child support, and relocation.
• Jurisdictional disputes involving the removal of children from one jurisdiction to another, including improperly taking a child out of the country.
• Negotiating and drafting prenuptial, postnuptial, and cohabitation agreements.
• Advising on the division of pensions, profit-sharing plans, employee stock option plans, and other defined-benefit and deferred-compensation plans for both individuals and companies.
• Resolving business and professional valuation disputes.
• Acting as mediators or arbitrators for parties wishing to settle outside of court.
• Handling appeals on a wide range of family law matters.
Our team also maintains a Family Law Blog to provide timely and insightful information on all matters affecting the family.