Robert L. Schwartz has been practicing law for over 40 years, specializing in family law. He is a member of the American, Arizona and Maricopa County Bar Associations. He is admitted to practice in the federal courts of New York, Arizona, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court. Mr. Schwartz is a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and past president of the Arizona chapter. He is a certified family law specialist by the State Bar of Arizona; is a frequent lecturer on family law and related matters; and, former member of the State Bar Family Law Advisory Commission. Mr. Schwartz has tried numerous complex business valuation cases as well as complex custody cases. He has testified as an expert in family law matters.
Education & Credentials
University of MiamiB.A.
Brooklyn Law SchoolJ.D.
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Rating
- Best Lawyers in America®
- "Lawyer of the Year," Mediation - Family Law, 2017, 2020
- "Lawyer of the Year," Family Law, 2010, 2018
- Family Law, Family Law Mediation, 2023
- Southwest Super Lawyers®
- "Top 50 Attorneys," 2006-2008
- Family Law, 2021-2023
- Legal Organizations Arizona State Bar Association, Former member Discipline Hearing Committee
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association; Chair, Arizona Family Law Certification Specialization Committee
- Judge Pro Tem Maricopa County Superior Court
- Domestic Relations Study Committee
- Member, Arizona Supreme Court Committee to Adopt Rules of Family Law and Procedure
- AAML Chapter Arizona Chapter, Former, President 1994-95, Vice President, 1993-94, Secretary, 1992-93
- Co-Author, “Selling The Family Home During Divorce: Questions to Ask If The Decision Is Right For You,” Dickinson Wright Family Focus Blog, July 2021
- Co-Author, "Divorce in Arizona, 2nd Edition."
- Co-Author, "Divorce in Arizona: The Legal Process, Your Rights, and What to Expect."
- Author, "West Arizona Community Property - Temporary Orders," State Bar of Arizona Family Law Specialist.