In the wake of state and local governments requiring some businesses to restrict hours, restrict the number of people allowed in one place at a time, or requiring businesses to shut down completely during the COVID-19 outbreak, employers are having to deal with significant employment, supply chain, and other related issues. Given how fast the state of things keep changing, employers will need to be able to react quickly to ensure they keep workers, vendors, and customers safe; comply with the laws; and most important, stay afloat and remain profitable. This webinar will break down what employers need to know what the upcoming days and weeks to handle their workplace. Specifically, we will discuss the following topics:
- The latest on the Families First Coronavirus Relief Act and similar state legislative efforts
- Teleworking and related privacy issues
- Furloughs, layoffs, and WARN Act issues
- Collective bargaining issues
- FMLA, ADA, and Fair Labor Standards Act issues
- Considerations if your business does stay open
This has been awarded 1 hour of General HR recertification credit.
The webinar is complimentary but registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!
Can't attend? Sign up anyway and we'll send you the recording.
- Industry Alerts Employers’ Top Burning Questions About The DOL’s Guidance On The Families First Coronavirus Response Act Answered
- Seminars Can We Do That? Practical Answers to Frequently Asked HR Questions on July 6, 2017
- Industry Alerts Governor Whitmer Signs COVID-19 Legislation Applicable to All Employers
- February 22, 2021 Industry Alerts New OSHA Guidance on Mitigating and Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 in the Workplace
- February 11, 2021 Media Mentions Wendy Hulton Presents at the Direct Sellers Association's Legal & Regulatory Virtual Seminar
- January 19, 2021 Industry Alerts Ohio Governor Signs “Alternate Employer Organization” Legislation
- January 19, 2021 Industry Alerts U.S. Department of Labor Issues New Independent Contractor Rules For March 8, 2021; Will It Take Effect?
- December 07, 2020 Industry Alerts Sara Jodka Discusses Future of NLRB Under President-Elect Biden with SHRM Online
- November 13, 2020 Blogs 2020 USCIS I-9 Guidance Round-Up