In the wake of state and local governments requiring some businesses to restrict hours, restrict the number of people allowed in one place at a time, or requiring businesses to shut down completely during the COVID-19 outbreak, employers are having to deal with significant employment, supply chain, and other related issues. Given how fast the state of things keep changing, employers will need to be able to react quickly to ensure they keep workers, vendors, and customers safe; comply with the laws; and most important, stay afloat and remain profitable. This webinar will break down what employers need to know what the upcoming days and weeks to handle their workplace. Specifically, we will discuss the following topics:
- The latest on the Families First Coronavirus Relief Act and similar state legislative efforts
- Teleworking and related privacy issues
- Furloughs, layoffs, and WARN Act issues
- Collective bargaining issues
- FMLA, ADA, and Fair Labor Standards Act issues
- Considerations if your business does stay open
This has been awarded 1 hour of General HR recertification credit.
The webinar is complimentary but registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!
Can't attend? Sign up anyway and we'll send you the recording.
- April 06, 2020 Industry Alerts Governor Whitmer Extends Job Protected Leave to Employees Related to COVID-19 Symptoms or Exposure
- April 1, 2020 Webinars FFCRA Playbook: Tackling the DOL's Guidance Webinar
- April 2020 Industry Alerts COVID-19 Poses Increased Cybersecurity Risks to Employers and Businesses
- April 2020 Industry Alerts COVID-19: The Essential Need-to-Know Guide for Employers and Employees
- March 2020 Industry Alerts Employers’ Top Burning Questions About The DOL’s Guidance On The Families First Coronavirus Response Act Answered
- March 2019 Industry Alerts Michigan Governor Issues Stay-At-Home Order
- March 2020 Industry Alerts Employers’ Top 10 Burning Questions About the Families First Coronavirus Response Act Answered
- March 2020 Industry Alerts Michigan and Ohio Have Issued New Unemployment Rules Relating to COVID-19
- February 28, 2020 Industry Alerts Coronavirus (COVID-19) Precautions for Employers