Jeff Beemer is a business lawyer who works with clients to achieve effective resolution of a variety of business disputes. He provides proactive advice on litigation avoidance and risk management, including daily counseling for employers on all aspects of employment law. As a seasoned trial advocate, Jeff has significant experience achieving favorable results for clients in employment cases and commercial disputes, as well as in litigation involving significant personal injury claims, product liability, and insurance coverage disputes. Jeff’s experience covers a broad range of industries, with particular emphasis on manufacturing, social services, electric utilities, transportation, and governmental entities.
From 1995 to 1996, Jeff served as a law clerk to the Honorable Hewitt P. Tomlin, Jr., presiding judge for the Tennessee Court of Appeals, Western Section.
Indiana UniversityB.A., 1991
University of Tennessee College of LawJ.D., 1995
- Managing Editor, Tennessee Law Review, 1994-95
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Employment Litigation: Defense, 2019-2020
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2016-2020
- Alsco Inc.
- Estes Express Lines
- Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange
- Omni Visions, Inc.
- Sekisui Plastics Co.
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel
- Chair, Employment Law Committee, 2016-2018
- Member, Middle Tennessee Society for Human Resource Management
- Past Vestry Member, St. George’s Episcopal Church
- Past Treasurer and Member of Board of Directors, St. George's Kindergarten
- Past Member, Steering Committee, United Way of Metropolitan Nashville Sennet Society
- Volunteer Attorney, Nashville Pro Bono Program
- Co-Author, "Employers’ Top Burning Questions About The DOL’s Guidance On The Families First Coronavirus Response Act Answered," Dickinson Wright Client Alert, March 2020
- Co-Author, "Employers’ Top 10 Burning Questions About the Families First Coronavirus Response Act Answered," Dickinson Wright Client Alert, March 2020
- Co-Author of the Tennessee Chapter of the Defense Research Institute Publication titled "Products Liability Defenses: A State-by-State Compendium."
- Presenter, “The ADA Amendments and Final EEOC regulations: Advice on How to Handle the Changes to Your Workplace,” May 2011
- Presenter, “Crisis Management: Timing the Termination of an Employee Who ‘Goes Bad,’” October 2011
- Presenter, “How to Response to (and Avoid) EEOC Charge of Discrimination,” Tennessee County Attorney’s Association Annual Meeting, Chattanooga, TN, May 2012