Sara H. Jodka, CIPP-US and CIPP-E / Member at Dickinson Wright, is an experienced legal advisor and litigator. She provides clients with practical advice on a wide range of labor and employment issues, including discrimination, retaliation, harassment, leave, FMLA, COVID-19 response, reductions in force, background checks, drug testing, breach of contract, non-compete/restraint of trade/non-solicitation, employment agreements, executive compensation, wage/hour class/collective actions and other aspects of the employment relationship. Her focus is on providing no-nonsense, pragmatic, realistic, and straightforward support on labor and employment issues to help management respond effectively, efficiently, and in line with the company’s needs.
Her litigation practice also extends to business/corporate law as she represents clients on both sides in non-compete/non-solicitation/trade secret violation cases, shareholder/member breach of fiduciary duties, brand dilution, trademark/copyright infringement, etc. at all stages of litigation, including injunction and trial.
On top of her significant labor and employment practice, Sara is Chair of the 1,700+ member Ohio State Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Section, and is the Editor of the firm’s labor and employment blog, All Things HR.
Sara also has a significant privacy law practice. She is one of only a small number of licensed attorneys in the United States with dual privacy certifications for both the US and Europe from the International Association of Privacy Professionals. In her privacy practice, she regularly works with businesses to review and audit their privacy policies and procedures; prepare for and respond to data breaches; employ post-breach remedying; provide employee training; etc. She works with businesses on many legal and regulatory-compliance matters, including HIPAA/HITECH, GLBA, FERPA, COPPA, GDPR/UK GDPR, PIPL, CASL, and US state specific privacy laws, such as the CCPA, CPRA, CAN-SPAM and TCPA.
She has worked with companies of all sizes in launching new technology and ensuring its compliance with privacy requirements, including those in highly-regulated healthcare, finance and cannabis industries. Some of those technologies include medical devices; communication tools; toys using artificial intelligence, voice recognition, and real time chat functionality; and apps for telehealth, COVID 19 tracking, ecommerce, social/protective services, geo-mapping, drone aviation, food delivery, and many more.
The Ohio State UniversityB.A.
Capital University Law SchoolJ.D.
- cum laude
- Order of the Curia
Cornell Law School
International Association of Privacy Professionals
- CIPP-US (United States)
- CIPP-E (Europe)
- National Law Journal
- Employment Law Trailblazers, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America®
- "Ones to Watch," Labor and Employment - Management, 2021-2022
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Employment Litigation, Defense, 2015-2023
- Top 100: Ohio Super Lawyers, 2023
- Top 50: Columbus Super Lawyers, Columbus Lawyers, 2023
- Top 50: Women Ohio Super Lawyers, 2018, 2020, 2023
- Top 25: Women Columbus Super Lawyers, 2017-2020, 2022-2023
- Columbus CEO Magazine
- Top Lawyer, Labor and Employment, 2016
- Best Lawyers, Labor and Employment, 2022
Guided businesses ranging from small- to mid-size with respect to their GDPR and CCPA compliance.
Guided clients in responding, remedying, and reporting HIPAA breaches.
Obtained discovery sanctions in the form of full dismissal of counterclaims and default judgment for client in breach of contract, misappropriation of trade secrets, disgorgement of wages, and tortious interference case.
Handled 2600 person data breach of CPA firm that was under the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act.
Obtained full dismissal in qui tam False Claims Act case (affirmed by the Sixth Circuit).
Obtained summary judgment for public university against race and gender discrimination, retaliation, and hostile work environment claims.
Defended company against 1100+person collective/class action for wage and hour violations brought under the FLSA, Ohio Prompt Pay Act, and Ohio common law.
Obtained dismissal of furnisher of information and claims under Kentucky state law and the Fair Credit Report Act.
Successfully litigated to verdict a non-compete case against a former employee, which included an award of attorneys’ fees.
Successfully defended provider of mental/medical care services to incarcerated population against allegations of wrongful termination in violation of public policy, violations of the Ohio Whistleblower Statute, among others.
Successfully defended employer against extraterritorial race discrimination claim brought under Section 1983.
Obtained summary judgment against claims of gender discrimination under Title VII and New York State Law.
Obtained summary judgment for company against claims under the ADA and Ohio state law.
Obtained summary judgment against claims of retaliation and wrongful termination under Title
VII and Ohio state law.
Successfully defended company against ERISA, COBRA, and common law claims.
Member of litigation team for collective action involving misclassification of assistant general managers pursuant to the FSLA for national pizza chain coordinated all electronic discovery and successfully limited damages sufficient to garner a favorable settlement for client.
Obtained summary judgment against claims of retaliation, violations of the ADA and Title VII (national origin discrimination).
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Chair, Labor & Employment Law Section, (October 2021 to the present)
- Committees and Sections Taskforce (2019 to 2021)
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section Executive Counsel, Secretary/Treasurer (2017-2019) and Vice Chair (2019 to 2021)
- Media Law Section Committee (2016-2018)
- Marketing Content Management Committee (2016-2018)
- Leadership Academy (Class of 2014)
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Member, InfraGard
- Observer to the Uniform Law Commission Social Media Drafting Committee
- Member, Information Systems Security Association
- Salvation Army Central Ohio Rescue and Restore Coalition
- Ohio State Bar Association Foundation, Member Class of 2015
- OhioDance, Board of Trustees (2014-2017)
- United Way of Central Ohio, Women’s Leadership Council Member (2013-2015) and Social Media Committee Member (2013-2015)
- United Way of Central Ohio, Women’s Leadership Council E3 Mentor (2014)
- The Starts Within Organization, Board of Directors and Director of Communications (2012-2013)
- 3Rs (Rights Responsibilities Realities) Program (Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association) (2007-2010), Team Member
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Author, "Why the Speak Out Act is More Like a Whisper," Dickinson Wright All Things HR Blog, December 2022
- Author, "Yes, CBD Registers On a Drug Screen as THC and, Yes, You Can Be Terminated for It," Dickinson Wright All Things HR Blog, May 2022
Author, The Employment Malpractices at the Yellowstone-Dutton Ranch: “Damn Right I Did It!”, Dickinson Wright All Things HR Blog, January 24, 2022
Co-Author, "U.S. Supreme Court Splits the Baby as It Stays the Private Employer Vaccine or Test Mandate but Keeps the Healthcare Vaccine Mandate in Place," Dickinson Wright Industry Alert, January 2022
Co-Author, "Private Employer Vaccine Mandate Moves Forward as Sixth Circuit Dissolves Fifth Circuit's OSHA ETS Stay," Dickinson Wright Industry Alert, December 2021
Co-Author, "The Private Employer COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate is Here: What Employers Need to Know," Dickinson Wright Industry Alert, November 2021
Author, "Why President Biden’s Plan to Vaccinate the Unvaccinated in Private Employment is a Lot of Buzz, But Likely Little Sting," Dickinson Wright All Things HR Blog, September 16, 2021
Author, “What Employers Can Do Regarding Fake Vaccine Cards So They Have ‘No Ragrets,’” Dickinson Wright All Things HR Blog, September 13, 2021
Author, "Verdict Requiring Employer to Accommodate Employee’s Request for Service Dog Leaves Employers Scratching Their Ears…I Mean Heads,” Dickinson Wright All Things HR Blog, August 16, 2021
Co-Author, “Consumer Privacy Protection: What it Means for Cross-Border Business,” The Lawyer’s Daily
Author, “The Bankruptcy Code’s Automatic Stay Is Not So Automatic for DOL Wage and Hour FLSA Enforcement Actions,” Dickinson Wright All Things HR Blog, July 2021
Author, “What the American Rescue Plan Means for Employers,” Dickinson Wright All Things HR Blog, March 2021
"COVID-19 Poses Increased Cybersecurity Risks to Employers and Businesses," Dickinson Wright Client Alert, April 2020
"Employers’ Top Burning Questions About The DOL’s Guidance On The Families First Coronavirus Response Act Answered," Dickinson Wright Client Alert, March 2020
"Employers’ Top 10 Burning Questions About the Families First Coronavirus Response Act Answered," Dickinson Wright Client Alert, March 2020
"Michigan and Ohio Have Issued New Unemployment Rules Relating to COVID-19," Dickinson Wright Client Alert, March 2020
"The California Consumer Privacy Act Could Be Expensive for The Gaming and Hospitality Industry," Dickinson Wright Gaming and Hospitality Blog, December 10, 2019
"New York Passes Expansive Discrimination Laws Requiring Employers to Immediately Review Their New-Hire Policies and Employment-Related Contracts," Dickinson Wright All Things HR Blog, September 10, 2019
"Nevada's New Privacy Bill Requires Website Operators That Collect Information About Consumers to Update Privacy Policies by October 1, 2019," Dickinson Wright Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Client Alert, September 2019
"Are Medical Cannabis Businesses Subject to HIPAA?" The Cannabis Business Times, May 15, 2019
"App Users Beware: Most Healthcare, Fitness Tracker, and Wellness Apps Are Not Covered by HIPAA and HHS’s New FAQs Makes that Clear," Dickinson Wright Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Client Alert, May 2019
"Employment Law Issues Continue to Evolve with Hairstyle, Sex Gossip, and Emotional Outburst Disability Protections," Dickinson Wright Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Client Alert, March 2019
“Five Common Social Media Mistakes and How to Avoid Them” Wolters Kluwer Employee Relations Law Journal, Summer 2018, Col. 44, No. 1
“Asleep at the Wheel: The Growing Debate Regarding Obesity and Workplace Accommodations” Wolters Kluwer Employee Benefit Plan Review, June 2018, Vol. 72, No. 8
“The GDPR and Mergers and Acquisitions: What Corporate Buyers and Sellers Need to Know” Dickinson Wright Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Client Alert, April 5, 2018
"The GDPR Covers Employee/HR Data and It's Tricky, Tricky (Tricky) Tricky: What HR Needs to Know" Dickinson Wright Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Client Alert, April 3, 2018
“What US-Based Companies Need to Know About the GDPR, and Why Now?” Dickinson Wright Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Client Alert, March 27, 2018; Wolters Kluwer May 2018 Corporation publication, Vol. LXXXIX No. 9
"If You Don’t Need It, Don’t Pack It: Border Searches of Mobile Devices" Dickinson Wright Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Client Alert, March 20, 2018
"One Minute You’re In, the Next, You’re Out: NLRB Vacates the Short-Lived Hy-Brand Decision and Reinstates the Browning-Ferris’ Joint Employer Standard" Dickinson Wright Labor and Employment Client Alert, February 28, 2018
"The Numbers Do Lie: How Thieves Can Steal Your Cell Phone Number And Wreak Havoc On Your Life" Dickinson Wright Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Client Alert, February 19, 2018
"The Grey’s Anatomy / Allscripts Ransomware Crossover Event: When Scripted TV Becomes Reality, the Script Goes Out the Window" Dickinson Wright Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Client Alert, February 2, 2018
"Keep Rollin’ Rollin’ Rollin’: DOL Reissues 17 Opinion Letters That Had Been Withdrawn Under the Obama Administration" Dickinson Wright Labor and Employment Client Alert, January 11, 2018
"The Way We Were: The NLRB’s Time Machine Resets the Clock on Employer Work Rules and Joint Employer Status," Dickinson Wright Labor and Employment Client Alert, December 18, 2017
“The Internet of Toys: Legal and Privacy Issues with Connected Toys” Dickinson Wright Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Client Alert, December 5, 2017
Author, “HIPAA Compliance in the Telecommuting Age,” Healthcare Michigan, January 2017
“Ohio Case Reminds Employers Data Privacy Is Not a New Phenomenon. It’s Always been a Fundamental Common Law Requirement, ” Ohio State Bar Association’s Labor and Employment News.
"Employers Have Something To Be Thankful For As Judge Halts December 1st ad Effective Date of DOL FLSA Final Rule: Here Is What Employers Need to Know And Do Now," Dickinson Wright Labor and Employment Client Alert, November 25, 2016
What Happened to the Overtime Rule Now?, The Ohio Restaurant Association, November 23, 2016
FCC's Privacy Protections For Telecommunications Carriers, Junto Blo, April, 27, 2016
Featured, "What happens to your social media accounts when you die?" Columbus Business First, December 4, 2015
Co-Author, "Threat of identity theft is enough for your consumers to sue," McDonald Hopkins Alert, August 3, 2015
Co-Author, "Communications with your cybersecurity consultant and forensic reports may now be protected," McDonald Hopkins Alert, June 11, 2015
Featured, "For Columbus attorney Sara Jodka, time is of the essence," Ohio State Bar Association, April 16, 2015
Quoted, "Law in the Digital Age," Columbus CEO, March 2015
Author, "Decoding the new payment card security standard," McDonald Hopkins Alert, March 3, 2015
Author, "Who will fight against cyber-crime?," McDonald Hopkins Alert, February 27, 2015
Author, "Anthem's two small details that led to one big breach," McDonald Hopkins Alert, February 18, 2015
Author, "International hacking ring executes $1 billion banking breach," McDonald Hopkins Alert, February 16, 2015
Author, "White House announces new cyber threat agency," McDonald Hopkins Alert, February 10, 2015
Author, "Cybersecurity breach rocks Anthem," McDonald Hopkins Alert, February 5, 2015
Author, "What if the Personal Data Notification & Protection Act Passes?," McDonald Hopkins Alert, January 28, 2015
Author, "President Obama’s new data privacy agenda: Focuses on two laws that aim to put the privacy back in 'data privacy'," McDonald Hopkins Alert, January 14, 2015
Author, "Twibel: Online Communications Bring New Legal Challenges," Ohio State Bar Association, January 12, 2015
Author, “Surviving the holiday party without creating liability for your company,” for Ohio Chamber of Commerce’s Ohio Matters, November/December 2014
Author, "Not Your Grandfather’s Union," for Paralegal Today Magazine Q3 2014
Author, "Twibel: The funny-sounding social media claim that’s not a laughing matter," Ohio Chamber of Commerce’s Ohio Matters, May/June 2014
Contributing Author, "The Family Medical Leave Act 2013 Cumulative Supplement," ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law, 2013
Author, "The Dos and Don'ts of Conducting a Legal, Yet Helpful, Social Media Background Screen" Law Practice Today, September 2013
Interviewed and Featured, “2.0: It’s not your grandpa’s courtroom," Columbus Business First's Special Edition Book of Law, May 3, 2013
Interviewed and Featured, “#You’re Fired: Social media, employees and the law,” Columbus Business First's Special Edition Book of Law, May 3, 2013
Interviewed and Featured, "Protecting Your Privacy on Social Media,” an NBC 4 two-part segment, February 27, 2013
Author, eBook, "Top Holiday Headaches Series," Employer Law Report Blog, December, 2012
Author, "Absence and Notice Policies Help Mitigate FMLA Fallout," Thompson's HR Compliance Expert Site, September 2012
Author, "NLRB Continues Social Media Trend Against Employers," NAE Review, June 2011
Contributing Author, "The Family Medical Leave Act 2011 Cumulative Supplement," ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law, 2011
Presenter, "The Private Employer Vaccine Mandate: It's Here, It's There, It's Every Where and What You Need to Know About It," Dickinson Wright, November 2021
April 2021, Co-Presenter, “A Shot in the Arm: Current COVID-19 Workplace Issues,” Middle Tennessee Society for Human Resource Management
April 1, 2020, Speaker, “FFCRA Playbook: Tackling the DOL's Guidance Webinar,” DW Webinar for Mid-Tennessee SHRM and Detroit SHRM
March 17, 2020, Speaker, “Pandemic Workplace Response: Now What?,” DW Webinar
December 4, 2019, Speaker “The CCPA Update: What the Amendments and the Attorney General’s Regulations Really Mean for Your Business”, DW Webinar
November 21, 2019, Panelist, “Cannabis Law,” Columbus Bar Association WLFC Event
November 8, 2019, Speaker “Current Developments in Labor and Employment Law,” Capital University Law School Labor and Employment CLE
November 5, 2019, Speaker, “Workplace Privacy (HIPAA, GINA, etc.), NBI Seminar.
October 3, 2019 Speaker, Employment and Accommodation Law Update, Ohio Cannabis Law Conference, Ohio State Bar Association
May 14, 2019, Speaker, "Emerging Workplace Protections and Accommodations," Ohio State Bar Association Basics of Employment Law CLE
May 10, 2019, Speaker, "Ohio's New Cybersecurity Law: What Will it Mean for Business and Data Protection - Introduction to and Overview of the Ohio Data Protection Act (ODPA)," Ohio State University College of Law
November 28, 2018, Infragard, Central Ohio Monthly Chapter Meeting, Panelist – Ohio’s Privacy Protection Act (SB 200): What It Is and What Does It Mean for Companies
November 2, 2018, GE Diversity Day, Panelist – Employee Speech, Social Media & Inclusion – Current Issues In (and Outside of) the Workplace at the University Of Cincinnati College of Law
June 25, 2018, Speaker, “User Rights in the Wake of the Cambridge Analytica’s Curtain Being Pulled Back,” EF Hutton Talks Speaker Series
April 4, 2018, Speaker, “Can You Accommodate My Tattooed Ferret: Disability and Religious Accommodations in the Millennial Age”, Columbus Bas Association
March 16, 2018, Speaker, “GDPR and the HR Professional,” Detroit SHRM
September 13, 2017, Speaker, “FMLA Hot Topics and Some Other Really Odd Stuff,” Central Ohio Human Resources.
October 13, 2017, Speaker, “Ethical Considerations of Mobile Devices, Social Media and Data Privacy,” 54th Midwest Labor and Employment Conference.
November 16, 2017, Speaker, “Medical Marijuana in the Workplace – A Hazy Issue for Employers,” Ohio Restaurant Association’s Town Hall.
- June 13, 2017, Speaker, “Employee Monitoring in the Digital Age,” South Central SHRM,
- October 21-22, 2016, Speaker, Introduction to Labor and Employment Law, Ohio New Lawyer Training, Getaway CLE, Las Vegas, NV
- September 20, 2016, Staying on the Legal Side When Dealing with Employee Social Media Issues for South Central Human Resource Council
- September 15, 2016, Workplace Challenges of Privacy, Social Media, and Technology Issues for Sterling Educational Services, Inc. Employment Law: Rights, Benefits, and Emerging Issues
- August 28, 2016, Navigating the Final Overtime Rules for the Ohio Restaurant Association Town Hall (Cleveland)
- August 28, 2016, Humans: The True Cyber Wild Cards for Data Breaches for Dickinson Wright’s The Alphabet Soup of Healthcare: Let’s Dig in!
- August 27, 2016, Navigating the Final Overtime Rules for the Ohio Restaurant Association Town Hall (Columbus)
- August 4, 2016, Navigating the Final Overtime Rules for the Ohio Restaurant Association Town Hall (Cincinnati)
- Presenter, Social Media and Other Technology Issues for the Modern Workplace, OSBA Basics of Employment Law Seminar, April 19, 2016
- Moderator, Labor Law, a View from Both Sides of the Bargaining Table, OSBA Basics of Employment Law Seminar, April 19, 2016
- Presenter: Hassle Free Handbooks and Employee Documentation, Builders Exchange, February 2016
- Speaker, "You can run but you can't hide: Employee technology issues in the workplace," HRACO Legal Update, November 2015
- Speaker, "Cybersecurity and other technology issues in the workplace," Columbus Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Master Class, November 2015
- Panelist, "Get your wage/hour house in order for 2016: New FLSA rules and IC guidance require employer action," McDonald Hopkins Business Hour, October 14, 2015
- Speaker, “2015 Employment Law Update” webcast for Ohio State Bar Association, July 2015
- Panelist, “Protecting Trade Secrets” Net Diligence Cyber Risk & Privacy Liability Forum, June 2015
- Speaker, “Avoiding Legal Pitfalls in a Social Media World” webinar for Audiosolutionz, May 2015
- Panelist, "EEOC activism in 2015: Insights for employer compliance," McDonald Hopkins Business Hour, May 14, 2015
- Presenter, "Holiday Workplace Law: Workplace Holiday Should Shine, Not Cause Legal Hangovers," and “Social Media Ethics for Lawyers,” my Law CLE seminar, New York City, December 2014
- Speaker, "Solutions to Pre-Employment Background Screen & Drug Test Challenges," and "Minimizing Data Breaches in the Workplace and HR’s Response to Security Leaks," 19th Annual Advanced Employment Issues Symposium in Las Vegas, November 2014
- Presenter, "Social Media in Employment Law," webinar for the Ohio State Bar Association, November 2014
- Speaker, "Technology to think about—Social media and data breaches," Association of Corporate Counsel America, Northern Ohio Chapter, Cleveland, Ohio, November 2014
- Copresenter, "The Voracious Appetite of the New NLRB: Protecting Your Company from the Newest Employer Predator—Unionized or Not," Porter Wright’s Employment Relations Seminar, October 2014
- Copresenter, OHS/INFRAGARD: Cyber STRATEGIES FOR A SAFER OHIO on "Preventing data leaks through workforce management," October 27, 2014
- Presenter, HRACO’s 10th Annual Employment Law Conference on "NLRB Update: Not Your Grandfather’s Union," October 14, 2014
- Presenter, Midwest Labor and Employment Seminar on "Social Media in Employment," October 9, 2014
- Presenter, Part 2 of 2: "How to Avoid FMLA Hot Spots," to HRACO, September 2014
- Presenter, "NLRB Update," for the Columbus Bar Association, September 3, 2014
- Presenter, "Preventing Data Leaks Through Workforce Management," Porter Wright’s 2014
Technology Seminar Series, August 13, 2014
- Presenter, Part 1 of 2: FMLA workshop titled, "How to Reduce FMLA Liability and bogus Claims Through Proper Claims Administration," to HRACO, August, 2014
- Presenter, "Know Your Legal Rights," seminar sponsored by Columbus Young Professionals Club, July 2014
- Presenter, "Employment Law Update," for Ohio State Bar Association, July 2, 2014
- Presenter, "Hot Topics in Labor and Employment Law," for Ohio Chamber of Commerce's Marietta Symposium, June 27, 2014
- Presenter, "Social Media in Litigation: A Shield and a Sword," Porter Wright's 2014 Technology Seminar Series, June 18, 2014
- Presenter, "Hot Topics in Employment Law," Zane State College's 6th Annual Management and Human Resources Summit, May 2014
- Presenter, "Voilà! The Skinny on the Expanding ADA...or Rather, the NotSoSkinny,"
- Porter Wright’s Employment Relations Seminar, May 2014
- Presenter, "Conducting Legally Sound Background Checks: FCRA Requirements, EEOC Guidance, BantheBox and Other Recent Developments," BLR HR Hero, April 2014
- Moderator, Lorman Seminar, "Administering the FMLA in Ohio" and Presenter of "Employer’s Bill of FMLA Rights; Tactics Employers Can Use to Reign in FMLA Abuse" and "This is Jeopardy…the FMLA Edition," March 2014
- Presenter, "Advising Employers and Employees on Off-Duty Conduct," Ohio State Bar Association, January 2014
- Presenter, "Conducting Legally Sound Background Checks: FCRA Requirements, EEOC Guidance, FACTA and Other Recent Developments” for BLR HR Hero, December 10, 2013
- Presenter, "Professionalism: Social Media Issues," Association of Corporate Counsel America, Northern Ohio Chapter, Cleveland, Ohio, November 2013
- Presenter, "Turning Points and Trends," Columbus Bar Association, October 2013
- CoPresenter, "Taming the Lion: Social Media, Bring Your Own Device Issues and Other Technology Risks in the Workplace," Porter Wright Labor and Employment Seminar, October 2013
- Presenter, "How Social Media Can Be Evidence in Your Case, and Why You—Yes, You!— Can't Delete Your Way Off Social Media," seminar for Women Lawyers of Franklin County, September 26, 2013
- Presenter, "Social Media in the Workplace: This One's a Scorcher. Better Find Cover" Columbus Business First's Social Media Summer Camp—Social Media In the Law, August 2013
- Presenter, "Social Media In the Law: Learn It and Use It, or Get Out of the Way" Porter Wright's Tech Law Series, June 2013
- Presenter, "Employment Law Update" a Webcast for the Ohio State Bar Association discussing the impact of recent Supreme Court decisions, June 2013
- Presenter, "Hot topics in Employment Law" at Zane State College’s 5th Annual Management and Human Resources Summit, May 16, 2013
- Presenter, "Employment Law Legal Update" to the Columbus Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Committee, May 1, 2013
- Presenter, "Riding the Social Media Tidal Wave: Understanding the Risks and Rewards for Employers" at the Akron Area SHRM Annual Legal and Legislative Conference, May 8, 2013
- Presenter, "Walking the Tightrope—Conducting a Legally Sound Background Check: New FCRA Requirements and EEOC Guidance Explained for Business and Legal Resources" Webinar, June and April 2013
- Presenter, "How to Comply with the New FCRA Amendments: A Guide on Applications, the EEOC, the FCRA, Social Media and Beyond” National Webinar, December 19, 2012
- Speaker, Porter Wright's Employment Relations Seminar What Lurks in the Shadows?, "Who's Really Under that Mask?," Columbus, Ohio, October 30, 2012
- Speaker, Porter Wright's Employment Relations Seminar Don't Stir Up the Hornet's Nest: Reduce Your Company's Potential Risk, "Take the Right Precautions: Protecting Your Company During An Internal Investigation," Cleveland, Ohio, May 10, 2012
- Speaker, Porter Wright's Employment Relations Seminar, Stop the Domino Effect: Reduce Your Company's Potential Risk, "Workplace Investigation Practices and Techniques: Making Sure Your Investigation Provides The Support You Need for Your Defense," Columbus, Ohio, May 1, 2012
- Speaker, Webinar (Indiana Chamber of Commerce), "Retaliation Claims: Don’t Become a Victim," September 8, 2011
- Speaker, National Federation of Independent Business Webinar, "7 Sins Employers Commit and How to Avoid Them," August 24, 2011
- Speaker, 2011 FMLA Seminar (Indiana Chamber of Commerce), "Making the Right Call: Disciplining/Terminating the FMLA Abuser"
- Speaker, National Federation of Independent Business Webinar, "Hot Topics in Employment Law for Small Businesses," June 2010