- Beemer, Jeffrey M.
Gallatin Hampton Inn, 980 Village Green Crossing, Gallatin, Tennessee
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Sumner County Breakfast Meeting
July 06, 2017 from 7:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M.
Gallatin Hampton Inn, 980 Village Green Crossing, Gallatin, TN 37066
Can We Do That? Practical Answers to Frequently Asked HR Questions
Presented by Jeffrey M. Beemer, Member, Dickinson Wright PLLC
If you have ever encountered situations in the workplace that make you ponder the legal implications of a course of action, you are not alone This interactive seminar will address legal issues scenarios that frequently arise in the workplace, including the following:
• When you can request medical information from an employee.
• When you can take salary deductions from exempt employees.
• When you can deduct amounts an employee owes the company from the employee’s final paycheck.
• Whether you can terminate an employee who is on FMLA leave.
• Whether you can fire an employee for performance issues with inadequate documentation of those issues.
• Your questions.
Participants will gain new insights into issues that arise in most workplaces on a regular basis. It will be a practical way to cover key points of law in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Schedule: Doors open at 7:00 am for registration and networking. Buffet breakfast begins at 7:20 am, and the presentation starts promptly at 8:00 am.
•Members: $18 by end of business Monday, July 3, $24 afterwards.*
•Future Members: $24 by end of business Monday, July 3, $32 afterwards.* (See below)**
•MT|SHRM Students: $9 by end of business Monday July 3, $12 afterwards.*
*On-line registration will close by end of business 2 days prior to the event. Our ability to accommodate walk-in registrations will be based on space availability.
This program has been awarded 1 hour of General HR recertification credit."MT|SHRM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC's) for the SHRM-CP and SHRM SCP. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."
- Conferences 43rd Annual Labor & Employment Law Institute on April 19 - 20, 2018
- Webinars Pandemic Workplace Response: Now What?
- Industry Alerts Employment Law Issues Continue to Evolve with Hairstyle, Sex Gossip, and Emotional Outburst Disability Protections
- May 20, 2021 Seminars Suzanne Sukkar and Christy McDonald to Speak at the ICLE Labor & Employment Law Institute
- April 14, 2021 Webinars A Shot in the Arm: Current COVID-19 Workplace Issues Webinar
- April 8, 2021 In the News Eight Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2021 Southwest Super Lawyers, Three Named Rising Stars
- April 07, 2021 Industry Alerts Reference re Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act – Supreme Court of Canada Rules Carbon Pricing Constitutional
- April 06, 2021 Industry Alerts SPAC Transactions Continue to Draw SEC’s Attention
- April 6, 2021 In the News Venroy July Joins Dickinson Wright Washington D.C. Office