- Beemer, Jeffrey M.
Gallatin Hampton Inn, 980 Village Green Crossing, Gallatin, Tennessee
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Sumner County Breakfast Meeting
July 06, 2017 from 7:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M.
Gallatin Hampton Inn, 980 Village Green Crossing, Gallatin, TN 37066
Can We Do That? Practical Answers to Frequently Asked HR Questions
Presented by Jeffrey M. Beemer, Member, Dickinson Wright PLLC
If you have ever encountered situations in the workplace that make you ponder the legal implications of a course of action, you are not alone This interactive seminar will address legal issues scenarios that frequently arise in the workplace, including the following:
• When you can request medical information from an employee.
• When you can take salary deductions from exempt employees.
• When you can deduct amounts an employee owes the company from the employee’s final paycheck.
• Whether you can terminate an employee who is on FMLA leave.
• Whether you can fire an employee for performance issues with inadequate documentation of those issues.
• Your questions.
Participants will gain new insights into issues that arise in most workplaces on a regular basis. It will be a practical way to cover key points of law in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Schedule: Doors open at 7:00 am for registration and networking. Buffet breakfast begins at 7:20 am, and the presentation starts promptly at 8:00 am.
•Members: $18 by end of business Monday, July 3, $24 afterwards.*
•Future Members: $24 by end of business Monday, July 3, $32 afterwards.* (See below)**
•MT|SHRM Students: $9 by end of business Monday July 3, $12 afterwards.*
*On-line registration will close by end of business 2 days prior to the event. Our ability to accommodate walk-in registrations will be based on space availability.
This program has been awarded 1 hour of General HR recertification credit."MT|SHRM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC's) for the SHRM-CP and SHRM SCP. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."
- Conferences 43rd Annual Labor & Employment Law Institute on April 19 - 20, 2018
- Webinars Pandemic Workplace Response: Now What?
- Industry Alerts Employment Law Issues Continue to Evolve with Hairstyle, Sex Gossip, and Emotional Outburst Disability Protections
- June 15, 2021 Media Mentions Venroy July Mentioned in Baltimore Business Journal on Company Diversity and Inclusion Efforts
- June 14, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2021 Edition
- June 14, 2021 In the News Sara Jodka Quoted by Crain's Detroit Business on Vaccine Requirements in Health Systems
- June 10, 2021 Media Mentions Michael Lipton, Q.C., Quoted by National Magazine on Possible Legalization of Single-Event Sports Betting in Canada
- June 9, 2021 In the News Eight Dickinson Wright Attorneys Listed as 2021 IP Stars
- June 07, 2021 Industry Alerts Aaron Burrell Named to ABA Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Profession