- Beemer, Jeffrey M.
Gallatin Hampton Inn, 980 Village Green Crossing, Gallatin, Tennessee
Sumner County Breakfast Meeting
July 06, 2017 from 7:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M.
Gallatin Hampton Inn, 980 Village Green Crossing, Gallatin, TN 37066
Can We Do That? Practical Answers to Frequently Asked HR Questions
Presented by Jeffrey M. Beemer, Member, Dickinson Wright PLLC
If you have ever encountered situations in the workplace that make you ponder the legal implications of a course of action, you are not alone This interactive seminar will address legal issues scenarios that frequently arise in the workplace, including the following:
• When you can request medical information from an employee.
• When you can take salary deductions from exempt employees.
• When you can deduct amounts an employee owes the company from the employee’s final paycheck.
• Whether you can terminate an employee who is on FMLA leave.
• Whether you can fire an employee for performance issues with inadequate documentation of those issues.
• Your questions.
Participants will gain new insights into issues that arise in most workplaces on a regular basis. It will be a practical way to cover key points of law in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Schedule: Doors open at 7:00 am for registration and networking. Buffet breakfast begins at 7:20 am, and the presentation starts promptly at 8:00 am.
•Members: $18 by end of business Monday, July 3, $24 afterwards.*
•Future Members: $24 by end of business Monday, July 3, $32 afterwards.* (See below)**
•MT|SHRM Students: $9 by end of business Monday July 3, $12 afterwards.*
*On-line registration will close by end of business 2 days prior to the event. Our ability to accommodate walk-in registrations will be based on space availability.
This program has been awarded 1 hour of General HR recertification credit."MT|SHRM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC's) for the SHRM-CP and SHRM SCP. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."
- July 18, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Alan Litwack Quoted in the Marijuana Business Daily Article “Cannabis Boom or Bust: How US Firms Could be Affected by Canada’s Adult-Use Market”
- July 17, 2018 In the News Attorney Blair Gould Joins Dickinson Wright's Troy Office
- July 16, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Featured in Video Relating to the Recent Legalization of Sports Betting
- July 15- 16, 2018 Special Events Sparky Anderson CATCH Charity Golf Prelude Party and Golf Classic
- July 2018 Industry Alerts California’s Data Privacy Law: What It Is and How to Comply (A Step-By-Step Guide)
- July 2018 Industry Alerts New Section 301 Tariffs Proposed for $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- July 12, 2018 In the News Attorney Rock Wood Joins Dickinson Wright's Grand Rapids Office
- July 12, 2018 In the News Blake Atler Joins Dickinson Wright as Director of Finance
- July 12, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Marki Stewart Quoted in the Modern Healthcare Article, “States Expand Telemedicine to Allow Prescribing of Controlled Substances”