- Beemer, Jeffrey M.
Gallatin Hampton Inn, 980 Village Green Crossing, Gallatin, Tennessee
Sumner County Breakfast Meeting
July 06, 2017 from 7:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M.
Gallatin Hampton Inn, 980 Village Green Crossing, Gallatin, TN 37066
Can We Do That? Practical Answers to Frequently Asked HR Questions
Presented by Jeffrey M. Beemer, Member, Dickinson Wright PLLC
If you have ever encountered situations in the workplace that make you ponder the legal implications of a course of action, you are not alone This interactive seminar will address legal issues scenarios that frequently arise in the workplace, including the following:
• When you can request medical information from an employee.
• When you can take salary deductions from exempt employees.
• When you can deduct amounts an employee owes the company from the employee’s final paycheck.
• Whether you can terminate an employee who is on FMLA leave.
• Whether you can fire an employee for performance issues with inadequate documentation of those issues.
• Your questions.
Participants will gain new insights into issues that arise in most workplaces on a regular basis. It will be a practical way to cover key points of law in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Schedule: Doors open at 7:00 am for registration and networking. Buffet breakfast begins at 7:20 am, and the presentation starts promptly at 8:00 am.
•Members: $18 by end of business Monday, July 3, $24 afterwards.*
•Future Members: $24 by end of business Monday, July 3, $32 afterwards.* (See below)**
•MT|SHRM Students: $9 by end of business Monday July 3, $12 afterwards.*
*On-line registration will close by end of business 2 days prior to the event. Our ability to accommodate walk-in registrations will be based on space availability.
This program has been awarded 1 hour of General HR recertification credit."MT|SHRM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC's) for the SHRM-CP and SHRM SCP. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."
- January 18, 2019 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher and Greg Gemignani Quoted in CDC Gaming Reports Article on the Federal Wire Act
- January 17, 2019 In the News Intellectual Property Attorney Brian Mangum Joins Dickinson Wright's Austin Office as a Member
- January 16, 2019 In the News Erica Morris Named Chair of Arizona Jewish Lawyers Association
- January 16, 2019 Media Mentions Jennifer Ko Craft and Hilary Williams Co-Author Trademark Article for Law360
- January 15, 2019 Webinars The Anatomy of the Label and Package for Retail Food Products – A Legal Minefield
- January 15, 2019 In the News Attorney Katheryne Zelenock Appointed to the Board of Directors for Eversight
- January 15, 2019 Media Mentions Attorney Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in Online Poker Report Article on DOJ Wire Act Opinion
- January 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12 Number 1
- January 8, 2019 In the News Attorney Robert Joslyn Joins Dickinson Wright's Troy Office