Dickinson Wright’s growing Aviation Law Team represents a wide range of clients involved in various aspects of the aviation industry. We work with numerous private and commercial aircraft operators, flight schools, fixed-based operators, airport sponsors and developers. We understand the intricacies involved in the industry from airport land use and Part 16 complaints to procurement codes and manufacturing. We also have extensive experience in the field of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
Our attorneys work collaboratively across a wide range of practice areas to create a legal team that can effectively and efficiently address your business concerns. We work with you to navigate commercial/business projects, various legal disputes, and the regulatory environments that shape the aviation industry.
Our aviation practice’s areas of expertise include:
• Corporate/commercial aviation issues, including: airport land use, permitting, hangar condominium development, corporate aircraft ownership, flight-time sharing, and shared-ownership structures.
• Airport and Fixed Based Operator (FBO) representation, including: negligence claims, Part 16 complaints, noise, environmental, grant assurance compliance issues, and through-the-fence agreements.
• Umanned aerial vehicles and unmanned aerial systems, including: letters of agreements, Section 333 waivers, COA’s, and SAC’s as well as FAA regulatory compliance.
• Aviation financing, including: representing bank institutions seeking to judicially or non-judicially foreclose upon aircraft loans.
• Regulatory issues, including: negotiating settlements with the Federal Aviation Administration on enforcement cases and regulatory interpretations.
• Aviation accidents and personal injury law with experience both defending and prosecuting injury claims.
Our attorneys are experienced aviation professionals with years of experience in the aviation industry. Our attorneys are not only practitioners in this area, but are committed to the advancement of the aviation industry from both a professional and personal point of view.