Joshua Jones, an intellectual property litigator practicing out of the firm’s Austin office, focuses his practice on trademark, copyright, and patent litigation. He has experience in all aspects of intellectual property litigation including discovery, pretrial preparation, and first chair jury trial experience. He has managed the trademark portfolios of large and small companies in a variety of fields including health foods, telecommunications, and amusement parks. Josh has prosecuted hundreds of trademark registrations for his clients, and has acted as lead counsel in multistate right of publicity and copyright matters.
William Mitchell College of LawJ.D., 2008
- New York
- Successfully represented company in the legacy protection of their patent portfolio against a Fortune 50 company.
- Obtained Rule 12(b)(6) dismissal in Federal Court of a company’s competitor’s entire case based on Lanham Act and Computer Fraud and Abuse Act claims.
- Successfully represented company against class action lawsuits based on right of publicity statutes in Ohio, Florida, Illinois, and California.
- Advised consumer packaged goods company regarding their trademarks being purchased by multinational manufacturer and marketer of branded consumer foods.
- Obtained multiple trademarks for an inland surf park in Texas.
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- Amicus Committee, Member, 2010 –Present
- Hon. Lee Yeakel IP Inn of Court
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- INTA Roundtable: 2016 Year in Review – Key Trademark Decisions
- INTA Roundtable: Decisions You Need to Know: Key Trademark Cases From 2015
- Significant Developments in Copyright and Trademark Law: From Jailbreaking Phones to Johnny Football, Texas CLE for the Austin Intellectual Property Law Association, June 2013