Doron provides a broad range of business advisory, bankruptcy, litigation, and collection services to automotive suppliers, banks and other secured lenders, mortgage servicers, and a variety of other businesses, big and small.
In the automotive arena, Doron’s experience covers day-to-day legal counseling, contract review, contract disputes, troubled suppliers, workouts, stop-ship threats, tooling recovery, and supply-chain litigation and bankruptcies. He works with other attorneys at the Firm to provide his automotive and business clients with a comprehensive range of legal services on M&A, real estate, environmental, intellectual property, labor & employment, and international trade and tariff issues.
Doron’s secured lender and mortgage servicing experience covers automatic stay, discharge injunction, FDCPA, FCRA and TILA violation litigation, cash collateral disputes, DIP financing disputes, collateral valuation disputes, lift stays, claim objections, dischargeability litigation, preference and other avoidance actions, contested/cramdown confirmations, 363 sales, credit bids, Article 9 sales, deficiency litigation, and state and federal receiverships.
Doron has served his clients as lead counsel in state, bankruptcy and federal district courts in Michigan, New York, Delaware, Texas, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, Minnesota, Indiana, and Nevada. He has successfully tried cases through trial to judgment in Michigan, Texas, and Minnesota and has handled numerous bankruptcy contested matters and evidentiary hearings.
University of Judaism College of Arts and SciencesB.A., 2000
- summa cum laude
University of Michigan Law SchoolJ.D., 2008
- Order of the Coif
- magna cum laude
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2023-2024
- Hanon Systems - Korea and USA
- Angstrom Automotive Group
- Nexteer Automotive
- Visteon Corp.
- Callidus Capital Corporation
- Caterpillar Financial
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Midland Loan Services
- Detroit Thermal Systems, LLC
- Co-chair, Bankruptcy Committee of the Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Law Firm Group (USLFG)
- Panelist, "Automotive Supplier Roundtable: The Art of Strategic Transformation, Growth and Restructuring," Doeren Mayhew CPAs and Advisors, December 2021
- Co-Author, "Managing Uncertainty Through Financial Crisis Requires Proactive Guidance," Dickinson Wright Client Alert, March 2020