Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Effective October 1, 2017, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is replacing the GOES (global online enrollment system) website with the new cloud based Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) system website. Users of the various Trusted Traveler Programs (Global Entry, Nexus, Sentri, Fast, APEC) managed by CBP are all familiar with the GOES website. The GOES website is used for applications and the creation of accounts as well as receiving notifications from CBP and updating certain account information.
September 30 will be the last day users can access the GOES website information regarding their accounts. It is critical for users to save/print out their information in their GOES account including their PASSID membership number to recreate their account in the new TTP system.
What do current TTP program participants need to do before September 30?
Make sure your GOES profile information is correct. Log into your GOES account at: https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/ and print/save the information located in your profile. Make sure to record your PASSID number, which appears on the back of your TTP card or in the top left corner of your GOES homepage.
Create a Login.gov account, if you do not have one. Visit https://login.gov/ . The GOES user ID/password will not work to log in into the new TTP system website. You can also create this Login.gov account after September 30, 2017.
The GOES website will be gone on October 1, 2017. So, what must TTP users do on or after October 1?
- After using login.gov to create an account for authentication, create a new account using the TTP system at https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov (not yet activated).
- For those who had started an application in GOES before October 1, the application will be cancelled unless it is submitted before October 1. If the application was not submitted in GOES before October 1, the data will be lost and a new application must be submitted using the TTP system.
- To manage TTP accounts in the future, the place to go will be https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov (not yet activated).
This client alert is published by Dickinson Wright PLLC to inform our clients and friends of important developments in the field of immigration. The content is informational only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. We encourage you to consult a Dickinson Wright attorney if you have specific questions or concerns relating to any of the topics covered here.
DW Immigration: Global Mobility with a Personal Touch!
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Kathleen Campbell Walker is a Member in Dickinson Wright’s El Paso office. She can be reached at 915.541.9360 or email@example.com.
Lisa D. Duran is a Member in Dickinson Wright’s Phoenix office. She can be reached at 602.285.5032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elise S. Levasseur is a Member in Dickinson Wright’s Troy office. She can be reached at 248.433.7520 or email@example.com.
Kevin J. Weber is a Partner in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto office. He can be reached at 416.367.0899 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christian S. Allen is Of Counsel in Dickinson Wright’s Troy office. He can be reached at 248.433.7299 or email@example.com.
Heather L. Frayre is Of Counsel in Dickinson Wright’s El Paso office. She can be reached at 915.541.9370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suzanne K. Sukkar is Of Counsel in Dickinson Wright’s Ann Arbor office. She can be reached at 734.623.1694 or email@example.com.
If you would like a printable version of this immigration client alert, click here.
- Industry Alerts New Form I-9 Again for Employers
- Industry Alerts In-Person Interviews to be conducted for Employment-Based Adjustment of Status Applicants
- Industry Alerts Supreme Court Permits Narrow Travel and Refugee Ban on Trump’s Executive Orders
- October 08, 2021 Industry Alerts Key September USCIS Process Updates
- September 27, 2021 In the News Suzanne Sukkar Named Chair of the State of Michigan’s Commission on Middle Eastern American Affairs
- September 22, 2021 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2021 Texas Super Lawyers
- September 14, 2021 Blogs COVID-19 Vaccinations Required for Green Card and Immigrant Visa Medical Exams Starting October 1, 2021
- August 09, 2021 Blogs Remote Work Policy: Immigration and Post-COVID
- August 04, 2021 Media Mentions Kathleen Campbell Walker Quoted by CNN Politics on Impact of Gov. Abbot's COVID Order on Migrant Transport