Wayne State UniversityB.A., 1980
Detroit College of LawJ.D., 1985
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Immigration Law, 2009-2021
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- Immigration Law, 2008, 2010-2013
- DBusiness Magazine
- "Top Lawyers," Immigration Law, 2016, 2018-2021
Experienced in the following areas:
- Permanent employment-based immigrant visas for multinational executives and managers
- Extraordinary ability aliens
- Outstanding researchers and professors
- Aliens with advanced degrees and skilled workers
- National interest waivers
- Alien labor certifications
- Adjustment of status
- Visa processing at U.S. Consulates
- Nonimmigrant visas for business professionals
- Intracompany transferees, investors, aliens of extraordinary ability, trainees, and skilled workers
- Qualification and entry under the North American Free Trade Agreement
- Visas for physicians and medical professionals
- Applications for citizenship
- Vehicle seizures
- Employment verification & employer sanctions
- Deferred inspection and admission
- Immigration consequences of mergers and acquisitions
Counsel to companies seeking employment of foreign nationals in the H-1B visa category who have attained the level of a Bachelor's Degree by virtue of work experience.
Counsel to companies encountering INS resistance to the entry to the United States of Canadian or Mexican citizens under North American Free Trade Agreement.
Counsel to foreign national physicians seeking H-1B, O-1 and TN-1 nonimmigrant classification.
Counsel to new businesses seeking work authorization for foreign personnel.
Counsel on I-9 Audits and Notice of Intent to Fine Settlement.
Counsel to major corporations encountering U.S. Consular Office resistance to issuance of E, L, H or other work-authorized visas.
Counsel to major corporations seeking entry of specialized knowledge, managerial and executive level foreign personnel.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Former Vice Chair and Education Chair, Member since 1986
- Past Chair of Immigration Committee, International Section, Michigan Bar Association
- Past Co-Chair of INS Liaison Committee, Michigan Chapter, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Author, "Am I An Essential Traveler Between Canada and the U.S. or Mexico and the U.S.?" Dickinson Wright Immigration Insights and Issues Blog, March 26, 2020
- Author, "Update on Coronavirus: Travel Restrictions and Quarantine Now Extended to Certain Travelers from Iran," Dickinson Wright All Things HR Blog, March 9, 2020
- "Immigration Compliance: Eight Areas of Responsibility" (Presenter), Dickinson Wright Webinar, October, 2015.
- "New Focus on Immigration and Tax Criminal Prosecution: Employer I-9 Compliance More Imperative Than Ever", Michigan Business Law Journal, Vol 28, Issue 3 (Fall 2008)
- Frequent lecturer on business immigration topics to American Society of Employers, American Payroll Society, Michigan Bar Association, and American Immigration Lawyers Association-Michigan Chapter