University of Western OntarioB.A., 1993
University of Western OntarioLL.B., 1997
- Panel member and Speaker at the Canadian Gaming Summit (2008-2016)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in Canada in Gaming Law (2008-Present)
- Selected as Lawyer of the Year 2019 – Toronto – Gaming Law
- Aruze Gaming America, Inc.
- Bally Gaming, Inc.
- 888 Holdings plc
- Behr Technologies, Inc.
- Carta Mundi Inc.
- Eldorado Resorts Inc.
- Everi Holdings Inc.
- IGT Global Solutions Corporation
- Unibet Group
- Worldpay Group plc
Appearances before all levels of Court, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
Extensive practice before gaming regulatory authorities throughout Canada.
Counseling clients in regard to amendments to gaming legislation enacted by government of Ontario including drafting legislative amendments.
Advising clients on Canadian law relating to online sweepstakes, contests and other promotional activities.
Advising provincial governments in regard to gaming provisions of the Canadian Criminal Code.
Representing self regulatory bodies in prosecutions of non-licensees.
Assisting in establishment of new businesses in Canada, and international business travel. Successfully guiding clients through immigration application processes, coordinating global immigration for workers, investors, entrepreneurs and their families.
- Member of the International Masters of Gaming Law
- Joint Author, LexisNexis Gaming Law & Practice Guide, 2019 and 2020
- Co-Author, “Canada Lifts Restrictions Against Gaming Companies’ Ability to Utilize Co-Lending Program,” Dickinson Wright Gaming & Hospitality Newsletter, April 2020
- Joint Author, "Uncertainty of Prize and 'Chance'," Canadian Gaming Lawyer, Fall/Winter 2019
- Author and co-author of numerous Gaming law papers and articles published in several global publications including World Online Gambling Law Report, Casino Lawyer, iGaming Business and Canadian Gaming Lawyer
- Joint Author, "Modernizing the Canadian Criminal Code to Allow for Single Game Sports Betting," Canadian Gaming Lawyer, Fall 2018
- Joint Author, "Québec Appeals Superior Court Ruling that Bill 74 is Unconstitutional," LexisNexis Canada Internet and E-Commerce Law in Canada, Volume 19, Number 6, October 2018
- Joint Author, "Québec Appeals Superior Court Ruling that Bill 74 is Unconstitutional," Dickinson wright Gaming Newsletter, September 2018
- Joint Author, "Québec’s Superior Court Rules that Bill 74 is Unconstitutional", Dickinson Wright Gaming Newsletter, August 2018
- Joint Author, "Gaming Law and Practice", Lexis Nexis, 2018
- Joint Author, "Indigenous Gaming Issues In Canada", Canadian Gaming Lawyer, Summer 2018
- Joint Author, "Indigenous Gaming Issues In Canada", Dickinson Wright Gaming and Hospitality Blog, January 2018
- Joint Author, "New Anti-Money Laundering Recommendations For British Columbia Casinos", Dickinson Wright Gaming Newsletter, December 2017
- Joint Author, “Gaming, Gambling and Licensing 2018,” Canada Chapter, Chambers and Partners Practice Guide, October 2017
- Co-author, "Enforceability of iGaming Debts in Ontario," (Gaming Legal News, June 17, 2013)
- Co-author, "Retreat of Legalized Gaming in Canada," (Canadian Gaming Lawyer, June 2013)
- Co-author, Internet Gambling Report, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th editions (Mark Balestra and Tony Cabot, editors) (St. Charles, MO: River City Group LLC) – chapters relating to Canadian gaming law (updated 2013)
- Co-author, "Canada: a Year in Review", iGaming Business, Issue 71, November/December 2011
- Co-author, “Proposed Amendments to the Criminal Code to Expand Sports Betting Options” (Canadian Gaming Lawyer, Vol. 1, Issue 2, November 2008)
- Co-author, “Update on iGaming in Canada” (iGaming Business, issues 50 & 51, May/June 2008 and July/August 2008)
- Co-author, “Kahnawà:ke: Canada ponders I-Gaming crackdown” (World Online Gambling Report, Vol. 7, Issue 4, Apr. 2008)
- Co-author, “Canada: Jurisdictional Issues in Online Gambling Regulation,” (World Online Gambling Report, Vol. 6, Iss. 12, Dec. 2007)
- Co-author, “British Columbia” and “Alberta” chapters in International Casino Law and Regulation – 2007
- Co-author, “Bill 152: Legislation Barring Advertising of Online Gaming” (World Online Gambling Report, Vol. 6, Issue 1, Jan. 2007)
- Co-author, “Games of Skill and Chance in Canada,” (Gaming Law Review, 2005)