The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) has now updated its Service and Website Interruptions page to inform the public of new deadline extensions in response to the ongoing health crisis.
We reported in previous alerts that CIPO had extended certain deadlines falling between March 16, 2020 and May 29, 2020 to June 1, 2020.
CIPO has now announced that these deadlines, as well as any deadlines falling between June 1 and June 14, are extended to June 15, 2020.
We recommend that, where possible, clients should aim to meet the original deadlines. However, please contact us promptly if there has been a missed deadline, or if you have any questions or concerns at all about deadlines and how these changes might affect your applications, so that we can assist.
* This is an update to three previous alerts on this topic, which are found here:
- CIPO Pandemic Response: Update May 15, 2020
- CIPO Pandemic Response: Update April 28, 2020
- CIPO Pandemic Response and Canada’s New Compulsory Patent Licensing Provisions
Please Note: These materials do not constitute legal or medical advice.Government initiatives, announcements, and regulations in response to the COVID-19 situation continue to evolve and change frequently.
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update July 6, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 15, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update May 15, 2020*
- January 15, 2021 In the News Flavia Campbell Named a Top 100 Lawyer in Arizona by Az Business
- January 14, 2021 Industry Alerts New Stimulus Bill Creates Small Claims Copyright Court
- January 13, 2021 Media Mentions William Honaker Quoted by Music Connection on Best Career Tips of 2020
- January 06, 2021 Industry Alerts BREXIT - EUTM Registrations and Cloned United Kingdom Registrations
- January 05, 2021 Media Mentions Gerlinde Nattler Published in Detroit Legal News on Intellectual Property in 2021
- December 04, 2020 Media Mentions William Honaker Authors Article on Intellectual Property Traps for Detroit Legal News