Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) has now updated its Service and Website Interruptions page to inform the public of new deadline extensions in response to the ongoing health crisis.
We reported in previous alerts that CIPO had extended certain deadlines falling between March 16, 2020 and July 3, 2020 to July 6, 2020.
CIPO has now announced that these deadlines, as well as any deadlines falling between July 6 and July 17, are extended to July 20, 2020.
We recommend that, where possible, clients should aim to meet the original deadlines. However, please contact us promptly if there has been a missed deadline, or if you have any questions or concerns at all about deadlines and how these changes might affect your applications, so that we can assist.
* This is an update to our previous alerts on this topic, which are found here:
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 15, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 1, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update May 15, 2020*
- April 15, 2021 In the News Catherine Hoffman and Gregory Mayback Named Top Lawyers by 2021 South Florida Legal Guide
- April 14, 2021 Media Mentions Caleb Green Selected as Young Lawyer Fellow by American Bar Association's Intellectual Property Law Section
- March 26, 2021 Media Mentions Caleb Green Featured in Minutes on the Matter on IP Risks for Landlords During the Eviction Process
- March 10, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright intellectual property attorneys to serve as panelists at State Bar of Michigan Spring IP Law Seminar on March 25
- March 03, 2021 Media Mentions Caleb Green Published in Intellectual Property Magazine on IP Rights Concerns During Eviction Process Through Pandemic
- March 03, 2021 Media Mentions William Honaker Published in IP Watchdog on Copyright Small Claims Board