The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) has now updated its Service and Website Interruptions page to inform the public of new deadline extensions in response to the ongoing health crisis.
We reported in previous alerts that CIPO had extended certain deadlines falling between March 16, 2020 and July 3, 2020 to July 6, 2020.
CIPO has now announced that these deadlines, as well as any deadlines falling between July 6 and July 17, are extended to July 20, 2020.
We recommend that, where possible, clients should aim to meet the original deadlines. However, please contact us promptly if there has been a missed deadline, or if you have any questions or concerns at all about deadlines and how these changes might affect your applications, so that we can assist.
* This is an update to our previous alerts on this topic, which are found here:
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 15, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 1, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update May 15, 2020*
- October 19, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Appreciation Award from Texas A&M University School of Innovation
- October 13, 2020 In the News Bryan Atkinson Joins Dickinson Wright’s Austin Office
- October 12, 2020 Media Mentions William Honaker Published in Music Connection Magazine
- October 02, 2020 Media Mentions John Krieger Quoted in Business Lexington on Protecting Digital IP
- September 08, 2020 Industry Alerts Patent Claim Construction Decision May Boost Patent Eligibility in Canada
- September 03, 2020 Media Mentions Jennifer Ko Craft Quoted by The Hollywood Reporter on Photographer's Instagram-Centric Legal Battle