CIPO Pandemic Response: Update July 6, 2020*Download PDF
- Powell, Matthew D. Chumak, Yuri Bain, Paul E.
- Industry Alerts
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) has now updated its Service and Website Interruptions page to inform the public of new deadline extensions in response to the ongoing health crisis.
We reported in previous alerts that CIPO had extended certain deadlines falling between March 16, 2020 and July 3, 2020 to July 6, 2020.
CIPO has now announced that these deadlines, as well as any deadlines falling between July 6 and July 17, are extended to July 20, 2020.
We recommend that, where possible, clients should aim to meet the original deadlines. However, please contact us promptly if there has been a missed deadline, or if you have any questions or concerns at all about deadlines and how these changes might affect your applications, so that we can assist.
* This is an update to our previous alerts on this topic, which are found here:
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 15, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 1, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update May 15, 2020*
- June 1, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2023 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- May 24, 2023 In the News Flavia Campbell Named to Latino Leaders Rising Stars 2023 List
- April 19, 2023 Industry Alerts A Seller’s Guide to Navigating Intellectual Property Law on Amazon
- April 5, 2023 In the News Jeffrey Kass Joins Dickinson Wright as a Member
- March 22, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2023 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- March 3, 2023 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Listed in the 2023 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory