The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) has now updated its Service and Website Interruptions page to inform the public of new deadline extensions in response to the ongoing health crisis.
We reported in previous alerts that CIPO had extended certain deadlines falling between March 16, 2020 and July 3, 2020 to July 6, 2020.
CIPO has now announced that these deadlines, as well as any deadlines falling between July 6 and July 17, are extended to July 20, 2020.
We recommend that, where possible, clients should aim to meet the original deadlines. However, please contact us promptly if there has been a missed deadline, or if you have any questions or concerns at all about deadlines and how these changes might affect your applications, so that we can assist.
* This is an update to our previous alerts on this topic, which are found here:
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 15, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 1, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update May 15, 2020*
- July 27, 2020 Media Mentions John Krieger Quoted in Managing IP Article on Counterfeits
- July 16, 2020 Media Mentions Jennifer Ko Craft Quoted in Managing IP Article on "Four Ways IP Lawyers Can Make Stars Shine in Court"
- July 08, 2020 Industry Alerts Black Lives Matter Murals: Intellectual Property vs. Real Property Rights
- June 22, 2020 Industry Alerts Trademark Applications Covering COVID-19 Related Goods and Services Can Skip the Line
- June 16, 2020 In the News Yuri Chumak and Matthew Powell Ranked in the 2020 Edition of the IAM Patent 1000
- June 11, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode IV - Digital, Intellectual Property and Technology Considerations Under USMCA