Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) has now updated its Service and Website Interruptions page to inform the public of new deadline extensions in response to the ongoing health crisis.
We reported in previous alerts that CIPO had extended certain deadlines falling between March 16, 2020 and July 3, 2020 to July 6, 2020.
CIPO has now announced that these deadlines, as well as any deadlines falling between July 6 and July 17, are extended to July 20, 2020.
We recommend that, where possible, clients should aim to meet the original deadlines. However, please contact us promptly if there has been a missed deadline, or if you have any questions or concerns at all about deadlines and how these changes might affect your applications, so that we can assist.
* This is an update to our previous alerts on this topic, which are found here:
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 15, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 1, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update May 15, 2020*
- January 19, 2023 Industry Alerts Good News for Creators: Canada Extends Copyright Term
- January 17, 2023 In the News Jonathan Pollack Joins Dickinson Wright LLP
- January 11, 2023 In the News Damian Aquino and Corey Neil Join Dickinson Wright Troy Office
- December 15, 2022 Webinars Two New Tools to Enforce and Defend Your Company’s Trademark Rights
- December 12, 2022 In the News Bret McClay Named Of Counsel at Dickinson Wright
- December 07, 2022 Webinars Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court -- Let's Explore the New European Patent Universe