Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) has now updated its Service and Website Interruptions page to inform the public of a new, and final, deadline extension in response to the ongoing health crisis.
In response to the ongoing health crisis, CIPO had extended certain deadlines falling between March 16, 2020 and August 7, 2020 to August 10, 2020. These extensions had been implemented successively as CIPO monitored the health crisis.
The CIPO has now announced that they will no longer be implementing successive extensions and that the final extension ends on August 21, 2020.
We recommend that, where possible, clients should aim to meet the original deadlines. However, please contact us promptly if there has been a missed deadline, or if you have any questions or concerns at all about deadlines and how these changes might affect your applications, so that we can assist.
* This is an update to our previous alerts on this topic, which are found here:
- CIPO Pandemic Response: Update July 6, 2020
- CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 15, 2020
- CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 1, 2020
- CIPO Pandemic Response: Update May 15, 2020
- CIPO Pandemic Response: Update April 28, 2020
- CIPO Pandemic Response and Canada’s New Compulsory Patent Licensing Provisions
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: NEW Deadline Extension is August 28, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update April 28, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response and Canada’s New Compulsory Patent Licensing Provisions
- September 28, 2021 Industry Alerts COVID-19 Surge Medical Leave Refresher for Employers
- March 16, 2021 Industry Alerts Electronic Public Meetings – Time-Sensitive Steps For Local Units of Government To Take Now In The Face of Uncertain Future Legislative and Administrative Action
- March 02, 2021 Industry Alerts UPDATE (March 1, 2021) – New COVID-19 Public Health Measures in Effect in Ontario
- January 13, 2021 Industry Alerts Update on Ontario's Second State of Emergency Order – New Restrictions in Ontario in the Fight Against COVID-19 – Effective January 14, 2021
- December 31, 2020 Industry Alerts Can a Purchaser Void a Contract Based on the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- November 30, 2020 Webinars Unmasking COVID’s Second Wave: ‘Deals’ in Masks, Gloves, Cleaning and other Solutions Present Contracting, Audit, Regulatory and Enforcement Risks