- Powell, Matthew D.
- Industry Alerts
The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) has now updated its Service and Website Interruptions page to inform the public of new deadline extensions in response to the ongoing health crisis.
We reported in previous alerts that CIPO had extended certain deadlines falling between March 16, 2020 and May 15, 2020 to May 19, 2020.
CIPO has now announced that these deadlines, as well as any deadlines falling between May 19 and May 29, are extended to June 1, 2020.
We recommend that, when possible, clients should aim to meet the original deadlines. However, please contact us promptly if there has been a missed deadline, or if you have any questions or concerns about deadlines and how these changes might affect your applications, so that we can assist.
* This is an update to two previous alerts on this topic, which are found here:
- May 27, 2020 Industry Alerts Electronic Corporate Filings and Virtual Shareholder Meetings for Ontario Corporations
- May 27, 2020 Industry Alerts Cross-Border Travel Between the U.S. and Mexico/Canada – Non-Essential Travel Restrictions Extended to June 22, 2020
- May 22, 2020 Industry Alerts CECRA Update | May 22, 2020
- May 14, 2020 Industry Alerts The Federal Government Announced New Measures to Assist Seniors During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- May 12, 2020 Industry Alerts Re-Open for Nevada: Nevada OSHA Issues Guidelines for Nonessential Nevada Businesses Resuming Operations
- May 06, 2020 Industry Alerts COVID-19 Return-to-Work Checklist from a Canadian Employment Law Perspective
- May 04, 2020 Industry Alerts Open for Business in a Pandemic: Guidelines for How to Safely Reopen and Maintain a Business
- May 04, 2020 Industry Alerts Stay Home for Nevada: Nevada Emergency Directive 016 Loosens and Modifies Restrictions for Nonessential Businesses and Various Activities
- May 01, 2020 Industry Alerts Ontario Government Issues Order to Temporarily Ease Shareholder and Director Meeting Requirements Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic