- Powell, Matthew D.
- Industry Alerts
The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) has now updated its Service and Website Interruptions page to inform the public of new deadline extensions in response to the ongoing health crisis.
We reported in previous alerts that CIPO had extended certain deadlines falling between March 16, 2020 and May 15, 2020 to May 19, 2020.
CIPO has now announced that these deadlines, as well as any deadlines falling between May 19 and May 29, are extended to June 1, 2020.
We recommend that, when possible, clients should aim to meet the original deadlines. However, please contact us promptly if there has been a missed deadline, or if you have any questions or concerns about deadlines and how these changes might affect your applications, so that we can assist.
* This is an update to two previous alerts on this topic, which are found here:
- CIPO Pandemic Response: Update April 28, 2020
- CIPO Pandemic Response and Canada’s New Compulsory Patent Licensing Provisions
Please Note: These materials do not constitute legal or medical advice. Government initiatives, announcements, and regulations in response to the COVID-19 situation continue to evolve and change frequently.
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update July 6, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 15, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 1, 2020*
- October 23, 2020 Industry Alerts Governor Whitmer Signs COVID-19 Legislation Applicable to All Employers
- October 13, 2020 Industry Alerts $50 Million in Funding Available for Small Businesses in Tennessee
- October 05, 2020 Industry Alerts UPDATED: CERB Replacement Bill is Approved by House of Commons
- September 1, 2020 Industry Alerts Dickinson Wright COVID-19 Resource Guide
- August 26, 2020 Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: NEW Deadline Extension is August 28, 2020*
- August 19, 2020 Industry Alerts Nevada Landlords Beware: Avoiding Intellectual Property Liability During the Eviction Process