Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
As states begin to re-open their workplaces after months of social and economic hard hits, most are doing so in phases to begin easing social distancing measures and stay-at-home orders. Once again, Dickinson Wright's Jeff Beemer and Sara Jodka will help navigate these phases and explain what they mean for you and your business. Like re-opening the states, this 1-hour webinar will also be structured in phases.
Phase I will discuss business considerations in bringing back employees, hiring new employees, and complying with corresponding laws and regulations in doing so to reduce liability risk and exposure.
Specifically, we will discuss:
- Applicable COVID-19 paid leave laws in line with the Department of Labor’s recent FAQs;
- Relevant policies, procedures, and waivers to consider when re-hiring/re-opening;
- Working with returning high-risk employees;
- WARN considerations;
- New COBRA requirements, etc.
Phase II will include a discussion of the types of litigation that have been filed in response to laying off employees, re-hiring employees, complying with safety precautions and social-distancing requirements, and others to help better prepare businesses to avoid such risks and the legislative steps being taken to curb such lawsuits. Such litigation includes workers’ compensation, premises liability, discrimination, retaliation, OSHA violations, negligence, and more.
This program is presented in conjunction with the Middle Tennessee Society for Human Resources Management (MT|SHRM).
The webinar is complimentary but registration is required.To learn more and to register, please click here.
Can't attend? Sign up anyway and we'll send you the recording.
- Webinars A Shot in the Arm: Current COVID-19 Workplace Issues Webinar
- Webinars FFCRA Playbook: Tackling the DOL's Guidance Webinar
- June 1, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2022 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- May 11, 2022 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by 10 WBNS on Ohio's New Overtime Law
- May 09, 2022 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted in Law360 on Tips for Helping Workers Navigate Mental Health Challenges
- February 2022 Blogs Practical Considerations in Employment Terminations
- January 14, 2022 Industry Alerts U.S. Supreme Court Splits the Baby as It Stays the Private Employer Vaccine or Test Mandate but Keeps the Healthcare Vaccine Mandate in Place
- December 20, 2021 Industry Alerts Private Employer Vaccine Mandate Moves Forward as Sixth Circuit Dissolves Fifth Circuit’s OSHA ETS Stay
- November 30, 2021 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Mid-South Super Lawyers