Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
As states begin to re-open their workplaces after months of social and economic hard hits, most are doing so in phases to begin easing social distancing measures and stay-at-home orders. Once again, Dickinson Wright's Jeff Beemer and Sara Jodka will help navigate these phases and explain what they mean for you and your business. Like re-opening the states, this 1-hour webinar will also be structured in phases.
Phase I will discuss business considerations in bringing back employees, hiring new employees, and complying with corresponding laws and regulations in doing so to reduce liability risk and exposure.
Specifically, we will discuss:
- Applicable COVID-19 paid leave laws in line with the Department of Labor’s recent FAQs;
- Relevant policies, procedures, and waivers to consider when re-hiring/re-opening;
- Working with returning high-risk employees;
- WARN considerations;
- New COBRA requirements, etc.
Phase II will include a discussion of the types of litigation that have been filed in response to laying off employees, re-hiring employees, complying with safety precautions and social-distancing requirements, and others to help better prepare businesses to avoid such risks and the legislative steps being taken to curb such lawsuits. Such litigation includes workers’ compensation, premises liability, discrimination, retaliation, OSHA violations, negligence, and more.
This program is presented in conjunction with the Middle Tennessee Society for Human Resources Management (MT|SHRM).
The webinar is complimentary but registration is required.To learn more and to register, please click here.
Can't attend? Sign up anyway and we'll send you the recording.
- Webinars A Shot in the Arm: Current COVID-19 Workplace Issues Webinar
- Webinars FFCRA Playbook: Tackling the DOL's Guidance Webinar
- September 30, 2021 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by Law360 on Impact of Vaccine Mandates on Law Firms
- September 28, 2021 Industry Alerts COVID-19 Surge Medical Leave Refresher for Employers
- September 22, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in Benchmark Litigation Labor & Employment 2022 Edition
- September 16, 2021 Industry Alerts Why President Biden’s Plan to Vaccinate the Unvaccinated in Private Employment is a Lot of Buzz, but Likely Little Sting
- September 15, 2021 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by Law360 on Vaccine Mandates and New Hires
- August 31, 2021 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by HR Executive on Whistleblowers and Ageism Complaints
- August 10, 2021 Blogs Loaded Questions: Are Noncompetition and Nonsolicitation Clauses Really Enforceable in Michigan?