Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
As states begin to re-open their workplaces after months of social and economic hard hits, most are doing so in phases to begin easing social distancing measures and stay-at-home orders. Once again, Dickinson Wright's Jeff Beemer and Sara Jodka will help navigate these phases and explain what they mean for you and your business. Like re-opening the states, this 1-hour webinar will also be structured in phases.
Phase I will discuss business considerations in bringing back employees, hiring new employees, and complying with corresponding laws and regulations in doing so to reduce liability risk and exposure.
Specifically, we will discuss:
- Applicable COVID-19 paid leave laws in line with the Department of Labor’s recent FAQs;
- Relevant policies, procedures, and waivers to consider when re-hiring/re-opening;
- Working with returning high-risk employees;
- WARN considerations;
- New COBRA requirements, etc.
Phase II will include a discussion of the types of litigation that have been filed in response to laying off employees, re-hiring employees, complying with safety precautions and social-distancing requirements, and others to help better prepare businesses to avoid such risks and the legislative steps being taken to curb such lawsuits. Such litigation includes workers’ compensation, premises liability, discrimination, retaliation, OSHA violations, negligence, and more.
This program is presented in conjunction with the Middle Tennessee Society for Human Resources Management (MT|SHRM).
The webinar is complimentary but registration is required.To learn more and to register, please click here.
Can't attend? Sign up anyway and we'll send you the recording.
- Webinars A Shot in the Arm: Current COVID-19 Workplace Issues Webinar
- Webinars FFCRA Playbook: Tackling the DOL's Guidance Webinar
- May 20, 2021 Seminars Suzanne Sukkar and Christy McDonald to Speak at the ICLE Labor & Employment Law Institute
- March 22, 2021 Media Mentions James Perry Authors Article on Mediation in Grievance Procedures for Lawnotes
- March 10, 2021 In the News Timothy Howlett Selected as a Member of the Michigan Lawyers Weekly Class of 2021 Hall of Fame
- February 22, 2021 Industry Alerts New OSHA Guidance on Mitigating and Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 in the Workplace
- February 11, 2021 Media Mentions Wendy Hulton Presents at the Direct Sellers Association's Legal & Regulatory Virtual Seminar
- January 19, 2021 Industry Alerts Ohio Governor Signs “Alternate Employer Organization” Legislation
- January 19, 2021 Industry Alerts U.S. Department of Labor Issues New Independent Contractor Rules For March 8, 2021; Will It Take Effect?