As states begin to re-open their workplaces after months of social and economic hard hits, most are doing so in phases to begin easing social distancing measures and stay-at-home orders. Once again, Dickinson Wright's Jeff Beemer and Sara Jodka will help navigate these phases and explain what they mean for you and your business. Like re-opening the states, this 1-hour webinar will also be structured in phases.
Phase I will discuss business considerations in bringing back employees, hiring new employees, and complying with corresponding laws and regulations in doing so to reduce liability risk and exposure.
Specifically, we will discuss:
- Applicable COVID-19 paid leave laws in line with the Department of Labor’s recent FAQs;
- Relevant policies, procedures, and waivers to consider when re-hiring/re-opening;
- Working with returning high-risk employees;
- WARN considerations;
- New COBRA requirements, etc.
Phase II will include a discussion of the types of litigation that have been filed in response to laying off employees, re-hiring employees, complying with safety precautions and social-distancing requirements, and others to help better prepare businesses to avoid such risks and the legislative steps being taken to curb such lawsuits. Such litigation includes workers’ compensation, premises liability, discrimination, retaliation, OSHA violations, negligence, and more.
This program is presented in conjunction with the Middle Tennessee Society for Human Resources Management (MT|SHRM).
The webinar is complimentary but registration is required.To learn more and to register, please click here.
Can't attend? Sign up anyway and we'll send you the recording.
- May 06, 2020 Industry Alerts COVID-19 Return-to-Work Checklist from a Canadian Employment Law Perspective
- April 29, 2020 Industry Alerts COVID-19 Return-to-Work Checklist from an Employment Law Perspective
- April 2020 Industry Alerts Employers: Are You Following Michigan’s New Mandatory Employee Safety Requirements?
- April 23, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2020 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- April 2020 Media Mentions Cynthia Moore and Eric Gregory Each Write Bloomberg Law Benefits Guide
- April 06, 2020 Industry Alerts Governor Whitmer Extends Job Protected Leave to Employees Related to COVID-19 Symptoms or Exposure
- April 1, 2020 Webinars FFCRA Playbook: Tackling the DOL's Guidance Webinar
- April 2020 Industry Alerts COVID-19 Poses Increased Cybersecurity Risks to Employers and Businesses
- April 2020 Industry Alerts COVID-19: The Essential Need-to-Know Guide for Employers and Employees