The gaming industry faces a myriad of complex issues. Therefore, casinos, casino developers and others involved in the gaming industry require a legal team with the knowledge and experience to provide a full-service solution.
Dickinson Wright boasts a team of lawyers with diverse specialties that cover the entire spectrum of today's commercial and Indian gaming industries, both nationally and internationally.
The gaming and hospitality practice’s areas of expertise include:
- Assisting commercial casino developers by obtaining gaming licenses; obtaining approval of state constitution amendments and gaming legislation and providing counsel in support of the financing, construction and operation of casinos.
- Working with the tribal gaming industry by negotiating tribal/state Indian gaming compacts and tribal/municipality casino development agreements; representing tribal interests nationwide and guiding developers and vendors in the intricacies of tribal sovereign nation contracting.
- Representing gaming equipment manufacturers on a complex array of regulatory issues.
- Defending the industry in state and federal courts in patron, labor and environmental disputes and prosecuting patent protections.
- Providing advice in the complex field of Internet gaming.