University of Toronto
Osgoode Hall Law SchoolLL.B, 1965
- Law Clerk to the Chief Justice of Ontario, 1967-68
- Appointed Queen's Counsel by Government of Ontario, 1979
- Member of the New York State Bar, 1985
- Certified as a Specialist in Civil Litigation by Law Society of Upper Canada, 1989-present
- Listed in Best Lawyers in Canada in Gaming Law, 2008-2019
- Selected as Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year: Ontario, 2014 and 2017 – Gaming Law
- Chambers Global in Gaming Law, 2008-2019
- Aruze Gaming America, Inc.
- Bally Gaming, Inc.
- BlitzBet Sports Inc.
- Everi Holdings Inc.
- GVC Services Ltd.
- IGT Global Solutions Corporation
- Interblock d.d.
- Jackpot Digital Inc.
- Paddy Power Betfair plc
- SAZKA Group a.s.
- WGames Incorporated
- Worldpay Group plc
- Wymac Development Pty Ltd
- Extensive practice before gaming regulatory authorities throughout Canada
- Advise clients in regard to compliance, AML, governance, procurement policies and due diligence requirements integral to the gaming and hospitality industries
- Counseled clients in regard to amendments to gaming legislation enacted by government of Ontario including drafting legislative amendments
- Advise provincial governments in regard to gaming provisions of the Canadian Criminal Code
- Represent self-regulatory bodies in prosecutions of non-licensees
- International Masters of Gaming Law, Founding Member & Past President
- Member of the American Bar Association, editor of the Canadian Gaming Lawyer and member of editorial board of World Online Gambling Law Report
- Awarded Medal of Service by the City of Toronto
- Awarded Commemorative Medal for the 125 Anniversary of the Confederation of Canada by the Government of Canada
- Awarded Industry Leadership and Outstanding Contribution by Canadian Gaming Association for 2011
- Author and co-author of numerous Gaming law papers and articles published in several global publications including World Online Gambling Law Report, Casino Lawyer, iGaming Business and Canadian Gaming Lawyer
- Joint Author, "Modernizing the Canadian Criminal Code to Allow for Single Game Sports Betting," Canadian Gaming Lawyer, Fall 2018
- Joint Author, "Québec Appeals Superior Court Ruling that Bill 74 is Unconstitutional," LexisNexis Canada Internet and E-Commerce Law in Canada, Volume 19, Number 6, October 2018
- Joint Author, "Québec Appeals Superior Court Ruling that Bill 74 is Unconstitutional," Dickinson Wright Gaming Newsletter, September 2018
- Joint Author, "Québec’s Superior Court Rules that Bill 74 is Unconstitutional", Dickinson Wright Gaming Newsletter, August 2018
- Joint Author, "Gaming Law and Practice", Lexis Nexis, 2018
- Joint Author, "Indigenous Gaming Issues In Canada", Canadian Gaming Lawyer, Summer 2018
- Joint Author, "Indigenous Gaming Issues In Canada", Dickinson Wright Gaming and Hospitality Blog, January 2018
- Joint Author, "New Anti-Money Laundering Recommendations For British Columbia Casinos", Dickinson Wright Gaming Newsletter, December 2017
- Co-Author, "Canadian Reporting Issuers With U.S.-Related Cannabis Activities", Dickinson Wright Gaming Newsletter, December 2017
- Joint Author, “Gaming, Gambling and Licensing 2018,” Canada Chapter, Chambers and Partners Practice Guide, October 2017
- Co-author, “Liability Potentially Extended to Gamblers,” Canadian Gaming Lawyer, Summer 2017
- Co-author, "Enforceability of iGaming Debts in Ontario," (Gaming Legal News, June 17, 2013)
- Co-author, "Retreat of Legalized Gaming in Canada," (Canadian Gaming Lawyer, June 2013)
- Co-author, Internet Gambling Report, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th editions (Mark Balestra and Tony Cabot, editors) (St. Charles, MO: River City Group LLC) – chapters relating to Canadian gaming law (updated 2013)
- Co-author, "Canada: a Year in Review", iGaming Business, Issue 71, November/December 2011
- Co-author of Poker, Advertising and Canada chapters in Internet Gambling Report, 8th to 12th editions, 2008-2013
- Co-author of British Columbia and Alberta chapters in International Casino Law and Regulation, 2009
- Co-author, “Proposed Amendments to the Criminal Code to Expand Sports Betting Options” (Canadian Gaming Lawyer, Vol. 1, Issue 2, November 2008)
- Co-author, “Update on iGaming in Canada” (iGaming Business, issues 50 & 51, May/June 2008 and July/August 2008)
- Co-author, “Kahnawà:ke: Canada ponders I-Gaming crackdown” (World Online Gambling Report, Vol. 7, Issue 4, Apr. 2008)
- Co-author, “Canada: Jurisdictional Issues in Online Gambling Regulation,” (World Online Gambling Report, Vol. 6, Iss. 12, Dec. 2007)
- Co-author, “British Columbia” and “Alberta” chapters in International Casino Law and Regulation – 2007
- Co-author, “Bill 152: Legislation Barring Advertising of Online Gaming” (World Online Gambling Report, Vol. 6, Issue 1, Jan. 2007)
- Co-author of Games of Skill and Chance in Canada-Gaming Law Review, 2005