Prior to joining private practice in 1999, Mahesh served both as Assistant Attorney General with the Michigan Attorney General's Office and as a criminal prosecutor with the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office in Detroit, Michigan. Mahesh had the advantage of trying many cases at a young age.
Mahesh serves as a trusted advisor to business owners and executives, who rely closely on his plain spoken and practical advice. He regularly counsels businesses ranging from physicians practices, automotive manufacturers and suppliers, retail and services clients, and IT services providers in wide ranging day-to-day operational issues spanning from employment and immigration matters, contract drafting and negotiation, corporate formation, maintenance of trade secrets and intellectual property, liability deterrence, and tax and estate planning.
Mahesh has successfully represented Fortune 500 corporations, government bodies, small businesses and individuals alike in matters ranging from corporate and shareholder disputes, patent infringement, environmental class actions, real estate disputes, non-compete disputes, and commercial litigation under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC). Mahesh also has substantial experience in cross-border disputes.
Mahesh was born in India, and has been a life-long resident of Michigan. As founder and leader of Dickinson Wright's India Practice, Mahesh has represented both Indian business expanding into the United States and overseen the firm's North American clients' interests in India.
Albion CollegeB.A., 1992
- With distinction
University of Detroit Mercy Law SchoolJ.D., 1995
LondonInternational Law Studies, 1995, England
- Konkani (Indian dialect)
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2017-present
- DBusiness 2019 Top Lawyers
- Tata Technologies, Inc.
- Mahindra Automotive North America
- Nelson Stud Welding, Inc.
- Dunkin’ Brands
- TI Automotive
- Magna Electronics, Inc.
Represented the internationally renowned rock band KISS®, shutting down bootlegging activities violative of federal trademark and copyright laws.
Secured an order on behalf of a world famous athlete on the Detroit Red Wings® hockey team, stopping infringers from trading on his right of celebrity.
Represented the production company producing design components for the car on the popular Knight Rider® television series, resulting in dismissal of claims against client.
Thwarted cyber-squatters seeking to hijack a corporate client's web domain.
Successfully defended a coalition of automotive suppliers in one of the industry's largest bankruptcy preference actions in United States history.
Served as co-counsel in a complex shareholder matter, coordinating a team of seven lawyers in securing a multi-million dollar judgment for client.
Successfully pursued a financial planner who embezzled hundreds of thousands of dollars from a couple, seizing property and assets in satisfaction of every dollar stolen.
Defended a physician wrongfully accused of defrauding a foreign non-profit of millions of dollars, proving to an arbitrator and forensic accountant, that the claims were meritless, and securing a judgment vindicating the client and an award of all attorneys’ fees incurred in defending the meritless claim.
Obtained summary judgment in various commercial cases, including:
- Daimler Chrysler Services v The Provident Bank, 2003 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 16596 (N.D. Ohio).
- Crown Enterprises v EIPC, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 42423 (E.D. Mich).
- Skillnet Solutions, Inc. Entertainment Publications, LLC2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 172367 (E.D. Mich).
- 2018 Judicial Candidate Evaluator, Detroit Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association – Co-Chair, Business Court Committee
- Oakland County Circuit Court, Case Evaluator
- State Bar of Michigan, Intellectual Property and Litigation Sections
- Federal Bar Association (Co-Chair- Law School Initiative, 2008-2009)
- Michigan South Asian Bar Association, President (2010-2011)
- State Bar of Michigan, Special Taskforce for Practice of Law in the 21st Century
- Detroit Chamber of Commerce (Graduate Leadership Detroit,1999)
- President, Troy Foundation for Educational Excellence (2009-2010)
- Legal Counsel and Advisor, Bharatiya Temple
- Legal Counsel and Advisor, Michigan Association of Physicians India
- Vice President, India League of America, 1997
- "Red Wings' Datsyuk Sues Oak Park Souvenir Seller Over Use of Name, Likeness," The Detroit Free Press, February 4, 2013
- “Expanding to India”, Detroiter, April 2009