Please join us for a complimentary webinar hosted by a panel of legal experts addressing US-India cross-border legal implications before and after the COVID-19 Crisis on Thursday, April 23rd 2020 at 8:30 am-9:30 am EST (US) / 6:00 pm-7:00 pm (India time).
The webinar, co-sponsored by the India Practice Group at Dickinson Wright (US), King Stubb & Kasiva (India) and in association with Lex Witness, will cover up-to-date information regarding quickly evolving developments in the law, on both sides of the ocean.
On the US side, we will address the following issues:
- Financial assistance under the CARES Act, including important updates to existing governmental loan programs and newly established governmental loan programs that may have become available to various sized companies, and how those programs are utilized in a dynamic and fast changing environment;
- Latest guidance available to eligible US entities (including considerations relating to those entities that are foreign owned) pursuing financial relief through the CARES Act;
- Concerns affecting the assertion of force majeure relative to contracts, immigration guidance for foreign workers in the United States, and the implications of COVID-19 on M&A practices.
On the Indian side, we will address the following issues:
- Government support to Indian subsidiaries of US corporations through policy decisions;
- Employment strategies – Salary postponement, deferral, waiver, lay off, termination, IP and M&A;
- Future Strategy of US manufacturing businesses in Asia and the MAKE IN INDIA advantage for US manufacturing companies.
- Jeff Craven, Member, Dickinson Wright, Washington, D.C., USA
- M. Katherine VanderVeen, Associate, Dickinson Wright, Michigan, USA
- Mahesh Nayak, Member and Chair of India Practice, Dickinson Wright, Michigan, USA
- Jidesh Kumar, Managing Partner, King Stubb & Kasiva, Bangalore, India
- Rajesh Sivaswamy, Senior Partner, King Stubb & Kasiva, New Delhi, India
- Rajeev Rambhatla, Resident Head, King Stubb & Kasiva, Hyderabad, India
Space is limited, so register now. This webinar is complimentary, but registration is required. To learn more and to register, please click here.
Can't attend at this time or date? Register anyway and we'll send you the recording.
- Webinars Vietnam and the Great Supply Chain Realignment
- Industry Alerts UPDATED: Congress Passes the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”)
- Industry Alerts New NAFTA & China Tariffs — Stalled, Standby and Steaming Ahead?
- September 2019 Industry Alerts Can You Take Discovery in the U.S. for Foreign Arbitrations? Maybe, Says the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- February 20, 2019 Media Mentions Mahesh Nayak Interviewed for Michigan Lawyers Weekly's "A Sidebar With" Feature
- January 2019 Industry Alerts Indian Patent Office Paves Way for Faster and Cheaper International Patent Applications
- January 2019 Industry Alerts January 2 Marks the Comment Deadline on the USCIS Proposed Changes to the H-1B Visa Lottery Process – Now What?
- September 21, 2018 Articles Renewed Energy for Foreign Investment in India
- September 17, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Announces Newly Formed India Practice