Shauna Norton practices primarily in intellectual property law with a focus on establishing, protecting and defending copyright and trademark rights, both foreign and domestic, and on the internet.
Shauna advises clients in all aspects of brand development, protection, and enforcement. Shauna has represented clients in trademark, copyright and domain name disputes, as well as in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. She also has experience negotiating and preparing trademark licenses, assignments, settlements, and coexistence agreements.
Shauna also negotiates and drafts a variety of entertainment contracts on behalf of entertainment and nightclub clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Shauna was Of Counsel at a large international law firm in the intellectual property and technology department.
University of Nevada, William S. Boyd School of LawJ.D., 2008
- Staff Member, Nevada Law Journal, 2006-2008
University of Nevada, Las VegasM.A., Economics, 2005
University of Nevada, Las VegasB.A., Economics, 2004
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®
- "Rising Star," Intellectual Property, 2013-2018
- Represented professional boxer and his company in numerous brand development and enforcement matters, including representing the company in multiple proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Represented visual artist in a copyright infringement lawsuit against famous pop music performer and her record label.
- Represented an architectural firm in a copyright infringement lawsuit against a now-defunct Las Vegas casino property.
- Represented various companies in foreign and domestic trademark prosecution and enforcement matters.
- Vice-Chair, Licensing, Merchandising & Branding Division of the American Bar Association (ABA) Forum on the Entertainment & Sports Industries
- International Trademark Association's Famous & Well-Known Marks Committee
- Member, 2022 – 2023
- Member, International Trademark Association
- Right of Publicity Committee, 2020-2021
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, Nevada State Bar Association Intellectual Property Section
- Member, Nevada State Bar Association Entertainment Section
- Board Member, The Public Education Foundation, Board of Directors
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada