Two New Tools to Enforce and Defend Your Company’s Trademark RightsRegister Here
- Craft, Jennifer Ko. Norton, Shauna L.
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Join Jennifer Ko Craft (Member, Las Vegas) and Shauna Norton (Member, Las Vegas) for "Two New Tools to Enforce and Defend Your Company’s Trademark Rights" webinar on Thursday, December 15th. This program will help guide you on the two new proceedings under the Trademark Modernization Act ("TMA"), expungement and reexamination, and discuss the benefits and risks of utilizing these types of proceedings. Under the TMA, trademark holders have new ways to seek cancellation of trademark registrations that were fraudulently obtained. Likewise, your company’s portfolio could be at risk to these challenges.
Petitioners must meet a series of requirements to initiate a new TMA proceeding; likewise, there are pitfalls to avoid and ways to shore up your marks. We will cover the strategic benefits and potential risks of these proceedings as compared to the existing TTAB tools, which options best suit your company's needs, and best practices for avoiding and responding to attacks.
- What the new proceedings mean and how they work
- Best practices to navigate the new TMA proceedings
- When you may want to challenge marks that have never been used
- How to best protect your company's marks from a challenge
This presentation is complimentary, but registration is required. To learn more or to register, please click here.
Can't attend at this date or time? Register anyway and we'll send you the recording!
- June 1, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2023 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- May 24, 2023 In the News Flavia Campbell Named to Latino Leaders Rising Stars 2023 List
- April 19, 2023 Industry Alerts A Seller’s Guide to Navigating Intellectual Property Law on Amazon
- April 5, 2023 In the News Jeffrey Kass Joins Dickinson Wright as a Member
- March 22, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2023 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- March 3, 2023 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Listed in the 2023 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- February 28, 2023 Industry Alerts Trademark Scams
- February 14, 2023 Industry Alerts Canadian Patent Infringement: The Role of Non-Infringing Options in Profit Calculations and the Availability of Springboard Profits
- January 19, 2023 Industry Alerts Good News for Creators: Canada Extends Copyright Term