University of MichiganB.A., 1985
Case Western Reserve University School of LawJ.D., 1989
- Best Advocate Award (1989)
- BTI Client Service All Stars 2018
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America
Listed in Leading Lawyers
Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV Preminent
- City of Grosse Pointe Farms
- Discover Financial Services
- Turner Construction Company
- Walter Toebe Construction Company
- Zurich Insurance Company
- The University of Michigan
- Machine Repair International
- U.S. Steel Corporation
Defended a SE Michigan city in multi-million dollar class action litigation for sewer system flooding.
Successfully represented a major educational facility to obtain a multi-million dollar settlement for product liability and defective construction claims.
Obtained a $3.2 million verdict on behalf of national construction company against an earth retention contractor for breach of contract and delays.
Represented a national steel company and railroad company involving eminent domains actions for the Gordie Howe International Bridge.
Defended a major educational institution against a $19 million construction claim, resulting in an award of no liability.
Represented a major insurance company in a $100 million coverage dispute under a fidelity/employee dishonesty policy.
Successfully represented an automotive manufacturer in defense of a multi-million dollar “cumulative impact” claim asserted by a general contractor for renovation of a facility.
Successfully prosecuted a million dollar construction delay claim against MDOT involving bridge work over the I-96 expressway.
Obtained a multi-million dollar award in behalf of an earthwork contractor on changed conditions delay and cumulative impact claims.
Successfully represented a national design-builder against claims of negligent design and defective construction.
Obtained summary judgment as lead counsel for a national sales company defending against claims of copyright infringement and Lanham Act violations and successfully defended all appeals up to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Represented a national credit card issuer against claims of violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Truth in Lending Act and Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law Act.
- American Bar Association ABA
- Forum on the Construction Law Section
- Business Law Section
- Federal Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Litigation Section
- Real Property Section
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Grosse Pointe Farms - City Little League Board of Directors
- Toys for Tots Sponsoring Member - Grosse Pointe
- All Michigan State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Contractors: Are You Protected From The Coronavirus Infecting The Project Schedule?, Dickinson Wright Client Alert, March 2020
- Introducing Evidence at Trial (ICLE) 2007/2014; contributing author
- Construction Defect Litigation: From A to Z, National Business Institute (April 2013)
- The Wonderful World of Construction Law (November 2010); Ali-Aba webcast panelist
- Construction Law Forum (October 2008) - moderator
- A Practitioner's Guide to Construction Law (John G. Cameron, Jr. 2008); Chapter author (Analysis of AIA A201 - 2007)
- Turner Construction School of Construction Management - Lecturer (2015-present)