USCIS Announces a Valentine’s Day Credit Card Payment OptionDownload PDF
- Walker, Kathleen Campbell.
- Industry Alerts
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
On February 14, 2018, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that it will accept credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) payments for forty-one fee based forms. Notably, the I-129 petition for a nonimmigrant worker is excluded. The I-485 adjustment application and the I-765 application for employment authorization, however, made it on the list.
How to pay by credit card?
Applicants must use a Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. This form requires an authorized signature for the credit card transaction. The USCIS lockbox will then use the form to make an electronic credit card payment in pay.gov, which is owned and operated by the Department of Treasury. After use, the G-1450 form is destroyed to protect the credit card information.
Why choose to pay by credit card? Remember this is a PAPER PROCESS, using a paper form.
- Insufficient funds in bank account.
- Reduce delays in obtaining a physical check.
- Earn points on a credit card.
- Reduce problems with ACH transfers via check.
- Depending on the bank, potential reduction on time to confirm payment received.
This client alert is published by Dickinson Wright PLLC to inform our clients and friends of important developments in the field of immigration. The content is informational only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. We encourage you to consult a Dickinson Wright attorney if you have specific questions or concerns relating to any of the topics covered here.
DW Immigration: Global Mobility with a Personal Touch!
- Industry Alerts Key September USCIS Process Updates
- Industry Alerts New Form I-9 Again for Employers
- Industry Alerts USCIS Suspends Premium Processing for H-1B Petitons Beginning April 3rd
- June 1, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2023 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- May 2023 Industry Alerts 更新情報：Form I-9のリモートフレキシビリティ制度が2023年7月31日に終了／対面での審査を8月30日までに実施する必要－その理由は？
- May 19, 2023 In the News Kathleen Campbell Walker Named to the 2023 Lawdragon 100 Leading Immigration Lawyers Guide
- March 30, 2023 Blogs 州の給与透明化法－PERMの求人活動を実施する前に 雇用主が確認すべき5つの問題 | State Pay Transparency Laws: 5 Questions Employers Must Ask Before Starting A PERM Recruitment Campaign
- February 09, 2023 Industry Alerts H-1BのCAPシーズンにおける10のヒント
- October 06, 2022 Industry Alerts DHS Publishes New Final Rule Ending Trump-Era Public Charge Restrictions