- Leve, Jennifer
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Jennifer Leve (Partner, Toronto) was recently quoted in an article titled "Canada's Tax Court is Staging a Comeback," published by Tax Notes International.
The Tax Court of Canada is gearing back up and planning on how to handle a backlog of cases caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The court is targeting July 20 for resuming in-person hearings in some cities. In addition to delayed trials, practitioners are grappling with uncertainty regarding earlier court processes. Jennifer said she was negotiating pretrial timelines when the court shut down and will have to restart the process with counsel at the tax court. Things have been pushed back six months to a year, she said. “For a taxpayer, that can really be a pain,” especially if the contested tax is already out of pocket, she said.
To read the full article, please click here.
- September 8, 2021 In the News Luke Federici Joins Dickinson Wright Reno Office
- August 26, 2021 In the News Sonia Agee Joins Dickinson Wright Silicon Valley Office
- July 02, 2021 Changes in Law Allow for Reassessment of 2020 Property Valuations in Ohio
- April 26, 2021 Industry Alerts One Step Closer to Opening the Tax Credit Application Window: Ohio DSA Publishes Proposed Administrative Code Sections to Transformational Mixed Use Development (TMUD) Tax Credit
- April 23, 2021 Industry Alerts Release of the Federal Budget, 2021
- April 8, 2021 In the News Eight Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2021 Southwest Super Lawyers, Three Named Rising Stars
- March 23, 2021 Media Mentions John Gonway and Peter Kulick Speak at Business Succession Planning Webinar
- March 02, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright's Phoenix Office Ranked in Nine Categories in the 2021 Ranking Arizona Guide
- January 25, 2021 Industry Alerts An Exception to the Rule: New Provisions Regarding Where Personal Property Is To Be Assessed This Tax Season in Michigan