- Leve, Jennifer
- Media Mentions
Jennifer Leve (Partner, Toronto) was recently quoted in an article titled "Canada's Tax Court is Staging a Comeback," published by Tax Notes International.
The Tax Court of Canada is gearing back up and planning on how to handle a backlog of cases caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The court is targeting July 20 for resuming in-person hearings in some cities. In addition to delayed trials, practitioners are grappling with uncertainty regarding earlier court processes. Jennifer said she was negotiating pretrial timelines when the court shut down and will have to restart the process with counsel at the tax court. Things have been pushed back six months to a year, she said. “For a taxpayer, that can really be a pain,” especially if the contested tax is already out of pocket, she said.
To read the full article, please click here.
- October 21, 2020 Industry Alerts SBA Guidance on PPP Borrowers: Transfers of Equity and Assets
- May 26, 2020 Industry Alerts Governor Whitmer Extends Dates for Some 2020 Property Tax Assessment Appeals
- May 15, 2020 Industry Alerts Michigan Property Tax Appeals
- April 29, 2020 Industry Alerts IRS Provides Relief for Nonresident Aliens and Foreign Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 Travel Disruptions
- April 22, 2020 Industry Alerts Is Now the Right Time for an Estate Freeze?
- April 13, 2020 Industry Alerts IRS Announces Extension of Certain Tax Filing and Payment Obligations
- April 09, 2020 Industry Alerts UPDATED: News Update – Canadian Tax Measures
- March 2020 Industry Alerts IRS Designates April 1, 2020 as the Beginning Date for Credits for Paid Sick Leave and Paid Family Leave
- December 2019 Industry Alerts Breaking Update: Final Opportunity Zone Regulations Issued