- Leve, Jennifer
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Jennifer Leve (Partner, Toronto) was recently quoted in an article titled "Canada's Tax Court is Staging a Comeback," published by Tax Notes International.
The Tax Court of Canada is gearing back up and planning on how to handle a backlog of cases caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The court is targeting July 20 for resuming in-person hearings in some cities. In addition to delayed trials, practitioners are grappling with uncertainty regarding earlier court processes. Jennifer said she was negotiating pretrial timelines when the court shut down and will have to restart the process with counsel at the tax court. Things have been pushed back six months to a year, she said. “For a taxpayer, that can really be a pain,” especially if the contested tax is already out of pocket, she said.
To read the full article, please click here.
- September 20, 2023 Industry Alerts IRS Orders Immediate Stop to New Employee Retention Credit Claims and Announces Future Settlement Program
- July 24, 2023 Industry Alerts New Michigan Law Significantly Expands Economic Incentives Available for Housing Development and Increases Availability of Transformational Brownfield Projects
- June 21, 2023 Industry Alerts IRS Issues Alerts and Begins Audit Activity Related to the Employee Retention Tax Credit
- July 20, 2022 In the News Angelique Neal Joins Dickinson Wright Ann Arbor Office
- July 7, 2022 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to Columbus CEO Best Lawyers 2022
- May 4, 2022 In the News Ryan Chesnut Joins Dickinson Wright Columbus Office
- February 17, 2022 In the News Dawn Gabel Joins Dickinson Wright Phoenix Office as a Member
- February 11, 2022 Media Mentions Jennifer Leve Quoted in The Globe and Mail on Bill C-208 Regarding Small Business Transfers Within Families
- September 8, 2021 In the News Luke Federici Joins Dickinson Wright Reno Office