- Leve, Jennifer
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Jennifer Leve (Partner, Toronto) was recently quoted in an article titled "Canada's Tax Court is Staging a Comeback," published by Tax Notes International.
The Tax Court of Canada is gearing back up and planning on how to handle a backlog of cases caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The court is targeting July 20 for resuming in-person hearings in some cities. In addition to delayed trials, practitioners are grappling with uncertainty regarding earlier court processes. Jennifer said she was negotiating pretrial timelines when the court shut down and will have to restart the process with counsel at the tax court. Things have been pushed back six months to a year, she said. “For a taxpayer, that can really be a pain,” especially if the contested tax is already out of pocket, she said.
To read the full article, please click here.
- April 8, 2021 In the News Eight Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2021 Southwest Super Lawyers, Three Named Rising Stars
- March 23, 2021 Media Mentions John Gonway and Peter Kulick Speak at Business Succession Planning Webinar
- January 25, 2021 Industry Alerts An Exception to the Rule: New Provisions Regarding Where Personal Property Is To Be Assessed This Tax Season in Michigan
- October 21, 2020 Industry Alerts SBA Guidance on PPP Borrowers: Transfers of Equity and Assets
- May 26, 2020 Industry Alerts Governor Whitmer Extends Dates for Some 2020 Property Tax Assessment Appeals
- May 15, 2020 Industry Alerts Michigan Property Tax Appeals
- April 29, 2020 Industry Alerts IRS Provides Relief for Nonresident Aliens and Foreign Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 Travel Disruptions
- April 22, 2020 Industry Alerts Is Now the Right Time for an Estate Freeze?
- April 13, 2020 Industry Alerts IRS Announces Extension of Certain Tax Filing and Payment Obligations