- Doherty, Kevin M. .
- Media Mentions
Kevin Doherty was recently featured in the Captive Insurance Times’ article, “A Growing Reputation.” Despite facing many challenges, Tennessee experienced a year of growth in 2020, landing it as the seventh largest captive insurance domicile in the US. Tennessee’s growing reputation in the captive world stems from its business-friendly environment, and the state’s cutting edge captive laws, including its protected cell legislation. Tennessee is looking to continue in the lead with proposed captive legislative changes in 2022, but the last 12 months have been far from easy. “Tennessee will have to continue to work hard to make sure it offers the best of opportunities and regulation in the captive marketplace,” says Kevin. Click here to read the full article.
- March 04, 2021 Media Mentions Kevin Doherty Presents at Tennessee Business Roundtable Virtual Seminar on Captive Entities
- April 23, 2020 Industry Alerts Business Interruption Insurance and COVID-19 in Ontario
- April 9, 2020 Webinars Business Interruption Insurance, Captives, and Coronavirus Webinar
- February 2019 Industry Alerts Sixth Circuit Allows Both Punitive Damages and Bad Faith Damages Against Insurance Company on Bad Faith Refusal to Pay
- August 2017 Industry Alerts Attempting To Avoid The High Cost Of A Reported HIPAA Breach
- August 2017 Industry Alerts Cash Value of Life Insurance Policy Exempt From Garnishment
- June 2017 Industry Alerts Be Careful What and Who You Tell: Limitations on Defense Counsel Reporting
- May 2017 Industry Alerts Michigan Supreme Court Holds That an Insurer’s Untimely Payment of Underinsured Motorist Benefits is Subject To Penalty Interest Even if Reasonably in Dispute