- Ujczo, Daniel D.
- Media Mentions
Columbus Lawyer Dan Ujczo was quoted in the Bloomberg Politics article, “Looming Deadlines Explain Why Trump Is Hurrying for a Nafta Deal”.
U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer has begun floating the idea of a deal in principle. The Trump administration is aiming to announce a preliminary deal at a summit in Peru next week, according to people familiar with the talks. That kind of stopgap would be “largely designed to keep the markets calm,” said Mr. Ujczo. It would likely stop short of a formal agreement the three countries could sign, let alone embark on the arduous process of seeking approval in their respective legislatures. In other words, Trump may get his deal in principle, but it may be months, even years, before an official updated Nafta comes into force.
To read the full article, please click here.
- July 10, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Dan Ujczo Quoted in the Canadian Lawyer Article, “China Factor Looms Large as Trade Wars Heat Up”
- June 22, 2018 Industry Alerts Section 301 Tariffs on Chinese Goods -- What to Do Now
- June 20, 2018 Seminars CUSBA "Cross-Border Mobility of People and Goods: Challenges and Solutions"
- June 5, 2018 Webinars International Webinar on June 5, 2018 - Canada to Impose Tariffs on $12.8 Billion of U.S. Goods
- April 4, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Dan Ujczo Quoted in the CTV News Article, “Symbolic NAFTA Win Possible, but Hard Work Nowhere Near Done: Trade Insiders”
- March 28, 2018 Webinars A Time for Tariffs: Steel and Aluminum (and maybe more?) on March 28, 2018
- March 22 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Dan Ujczo Interviewed in the Ohio's Country Journal and Ohio Ag Net Article “A NAFTA agreement could open doors around the world for U.S. agriculture”
- March 20, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Brenda Swick Authored The Lawyer’s Daily article “B.C. Log Export Restrictions The Big Change In Softwood Lumber Dispute"
- March 12, 2018 Industry Alerts President Trump Announces Steel And Aluminum Tariffs With Exemptions For Canada And Mexico