Alan Litwack (Partner, Toronto) and Mark Redinger (Partner, Toronto) were recently quoted by Canadian Lawyer for an article titled “Cross-Border Investors Set Sights on Canada.” The article takes a look at the recent influx of investors looking to Canada for their next business venture, why they might be doing so, and how to make the most of it. With a tumultuous global trade market due to Brexit and the stalled United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement among others, Canada’s relatively stable political climate is attractive. Alan discussed the importance of investors choosing Canadian counsel from the outset.
“Sometimes, people don’t recognize that, even though the companies are quite similar, there are significant differences in corporate laws and employment and HR laws. It’s important to engage local counsel on matters of the deal that relate to various aspects of local Canadian law because the underlying legal systems, while similar in many ways, are also different in many,” Alan says.
Fortunately, Mark and other lawyers mentioned in the article agree that the volume of foreign investors looking to do business in Canada shows no sign of slowing.
“We are seeing significant cross-border M&A work and I see it continuing. That’s just the way of the world,” Mark told the publication.
To read more, click here.
- July 8, 2020 Webinars Vietnam and the Great Supply Chain Realignment
- May 05, 2020 Industry Alerts President Trump Renews Threat of Tariffs Against China in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic | 特朗普总统重申对中国加征关税的威胁应对新冠疫情的大流行
- February 2020 Media Mentions Dan Ujczo Quoted by Netsuite Brainyard on Approaching Ratification of USMCA
- December 2019 Media Mentions Dan Ujczo Discusses USMCA Progress with the Toronto Star and the National Post
- April 05, 2019 Special Events Succeeding in Canada Seminar | Cincinnati
- April 03, 2019 Special Events Succeeding in Canada Seminar | Cleveland
- Fall/Winter 2018 Media Mentions Dan Ujczo Authors Current Magazine Article on USMCA and the Great Lakes Region
- October 15, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Dan Ujczo Interviewed on CBC Regarding the USMCA
- September 24, 2018 Webinars Untying the Trying Times of Tariffs - The Product Exclusion Process Webinar on September 24, 2018