The COVID-19 pandemic is driving a substantial realignment of global supply chains. Governments and companies are assessing whether to keep export-oriented production in China or move it elsewhere. Japan is directly subsidizing companies to move supply chains out of China and is working with the United States and others, including Korea, India, Australia and Vietnam to accelerate this process.
Much of the production is going to Southeast Asia, with Vietnam being a key location of choice. With a 6.5% growth rate in 2019, Vietnam is cost competitive and has an increasingly close relationship with the United States. Through its membership in the Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), it also has free trade with Canada and Mexico.
On Wednesday, July 8, 2020, Dickinson Wright is pleased to host a webinar that will assess this great supply chain realignment and will look in depth at what companies need to know about Vietnam as a production location and a market. Notably, two of our presenters, Ms. Thuy and Ms. Huyen, will be joining us live from Hanoi, Vietnam, to give us an on-the-ground view of developments in that country.
Our Speakers include:
- Mr. Eric Miller, President, Rideau Potomac Strategy Group, Washington, D.C., USA
Theme: Supply Chain Realignment and the Vietnam Option
- Ms. Pham Thi Ngoc Thuy, Standing Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Private Sector Development Office and Standing Deputy Director, Vietnam Economic Forum, Hanoi, Vietnam
Theme: How Vietnam's Private Sector Sees Shifting Global Production Networks
- Mr. Brian Staples, President, Trade Facilitation Services, Ottawa, Canada
Theme: Understanding Vietnam's Trade Regime and Network of Agreements: Options for Sourcing and Distribution
- Ms. Hoang Thu Huyen, President, Asia Business Consulting, Hanoi, Vietnam
Theme: Establishing and Operating in Vietnam: Legal, Tax and Everything Else You Need to Know
- Dan Ujczo, Practice Group Chair, International and Regional Practices, Dickinson Wright PLLC, Columbus, Ohio, USA
The webinar is complimentary but registration is required.To learn more or to register, please click here.
Can't attend? Sign up anyway and we'll send you the recording.
- Industry Alerts New NAFTA & China Tariffs — Stalled, Standby and Steaming Ahead?
- Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode VI - Environmental Considerations and the Path Forward to a “Living” USMCA
- Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode II - USMCA Customs Compliance and Automotive Rules of Origin
- February 05, 2021 Media Mentions Mark High Featured on UnpublishedTV to Discuss Canada-U.S. Relationship Under Biden
- February 2, 2021 Webinars CUSBA Presents 9th Annual Cross-Border Economic Forecast
- November 23, 2020 Industry Alerts Canadian Data Privacy Laws Are Changing. Is Your Business Ready to Keep Up?
- September 23, 2020 Industry Alerts DW China Trade Update (35th Edition) | 迪克森律所中国团队简报 (第三十五期)
- September 2020 Blogs 米国移民局の予算危機と米国移民制度への潜在的影響 | The USCIS Budget Crisis and Its Potential Impact on the U.S. Immigration System
- August 19, 2020 Webinars Strategies for Easing Non-Essential Travel Restrictions at the Canada-US Border