- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Ted Citrome (Partner, Toronto) recently published an article in The Lawyer’s Daily titled “Curtailing CRA audit power creates dilemma for taxpayers.” In the article, Ted discusses the consequences resulting from the Federal Court of Appeal’s decision in Canada v. Cameco Corporation 2019 FCA 67. The case, which involved Cameco refusing to allow the CRA to interview 25 of their employees as requested, causing the CRA to seek a summary judgement application for a compliance order, brought up the scope of the CRA’s power to “inspect, audit or examine” a taxpayer’s books and records.
“…the decision establishes firm boundaries to the CRA’s audit power by holding that auditors cannot require taxpayers to be subjected to oral questioning.” However, this also means that those who choose not to be subjected to questioning run the risk of having to refute the CRA’s incorrect assumptions in court.
- September 20, 2023 Industry Alerts IRS Orders Immediate Stop to New Employee Retention Credit Claims and Announces Future Settlement Program
- July 24, 2023 Industry Alerts New Michigan Law Significantly Expands Economic Incentives Available for Housing Development and Increases Availability of Transformational Brownfield Projects
- June 21, 2023 Industry Alerts IRS Issues Alerts and Begins Audit Activity Related to the Employee Retention Tax Credit
- July 20, 2022 In the News Angelique Neal Joins Dickinson Wright Ann Arbor Office
- July 7, 2022 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to Columbus CEO Best Lawyers 2022
- May 4, 2022 In the News Ryan Chesnut Joins Dickinson Wright Columbus Office
- February 17, 2022 In the News Dawn Gabel Joins Dickinson Wright Phoenix Office as a Member
- February 11, 2022 Media Mentions Jennifer Leve Quoted in The Globe and Mail on Bill C-208 Regarding Small Business Transfers Within Families
- September 8, 2021 In the News Luke Federici Joins Dickinson Wright Reno Office