- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Ted Citrome (Partner, Toronto) recently published an article in The Lawyer’s Daily titled “Curtailing CRA audit power creates dilemma for taxpayers.” In the article, Ted discusses the consequences resulting from the Federal Court of Appeal’s decision in Canada v. Cameco Corporation 2019 FCA 67. The case, which involved Cameco refusing to allow the CRA to interview 25 of their employees as requested, causing the CRA to seek a summary judgement application for a compliance order, brought up the scope of the CRA’s power to “inspect, audit or examine” a taxpayer’s books and records.
“…the decision establishes firm boundaries to the CRA’s audit power by holding that auditors cannot require taxpayers to be subjected to oral questioning.” However, this also means that those who choose not to be subjected to questioning run the risk of having to refute the CRA’s incorrect assumptions in court.
- September 8, 2021 In the News Luke Federici Joins Dickinson Wright Reno Office
- August 26, 2021 In the News Sonia Agee Joins Dickinson Wright Silicon Valley Office
- July 02, 2021 Changes in Law Allow for Reassessment of 2020 Property Valuations in Ohio
- April 26, 2021 Industry Alerts One Step Closer to Opening the Tax Credit Application Window: Ohio DSA Publishes Proposed Administrative Code Sections to Transformational Mixed Use Development (TMUD) Tax Credit
- April 23, 2021 Industry Alerts Release of the Federal Budget, 2021
- April 8, 2021 In the News Eight Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2021 Southwest Super Lawyers, Three Named Rising Stars
- March 23, 2021 Media Mentions John Gonway and Peter Kulick Speak at Business Succession Planning Webinar
- March 02, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright's Phoenix Office Ranked in Nine Categories in the 2021 Ranking Arizona Guide
- January 25, 2021 Industry Alerts An Exception to the Rule: New Provisions Regarding Where Personal Property Is To Be Assessed This Tax Season in Michigan