The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) has now updated its Service and Website Interruptions page to inform the public of new deadline extensions in response to the ongoing health crisis.
We reported in previous alerts that CIPO had extended certain deadlines falling between March 16, 2020 and May 29, 2020 to June 1, 2020.
CIPO has now announced that these deadlines, as well as any deadlines falling between June 1 and June 14, are extended to June 15, 2020.
We recommend that, where possible, clients should aim to meet the original deadlines. However, please contact us promptly if there has been a missed deadline, or if you have any questions or concerns at all about deadlines and how these changes might affect your applications, so that we can assist.
* This is an update to three previous alerts on this topic, which are found here:
- CIPO Pandemic Response: Update May 15, 2020
- CIPO Pandemic Response: Update April 28, 2020
- CIPO Pandemic Response and Canada’s New Compulsory Patent Licensing Provisions
Please Note: These materials do not constitute legal or medical advice.Government initiatives, announcements, and regulations in response to the COVID-19 situation continue to evolve and change frequently.
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update July 6, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 15, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update May 15, 2020*
- February 26, 2021 Media Mentions Caleb Green Joins Panel for National Bar Association's "Getting Started: Maximizing Your Finances" Webinar
- February 23, 2021 Media Mentions Andrea Arndt Discusses COVID-19 Related Counterfeit Products with WWJ News Radio and Fox 2 News Detroit
- February 19, 2021 Media Mentions Yuri Chumak Quoted by Global News on The Tragically Hip's Lawsuit Against Mill St. Brewery
- February 16, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in the 2021 Edition of the WTR 1000
- February 16, 2021 Media Mentions Lance Anderson Featured in Dickinson Wright's New Video Platform Minutes on the Matter
- February 11, 2021 Media Mentions Bill Honaker Published in Detroit Legal News on California's Prohibition of Post-Employment Assignments