The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) has now updated its Service and Website Interruptions page to inform the public of new deadline extensions in response to the ongoing health crisis.
We reported in previous alerts that CIPO had extended certain deadlines falling between March 16, 2020 and May 29, 2020 to June 1, 2020.
CIPO has now announced that these deadlines, as well as any deadlines falling between June 1 and June 14, are extended to June 15, 2020.
We recommend that, where possible, clients should aim to meet the original deadlines. However, please contact us promptly if there has been a missed deadline, or if you have any questions or concerns at all about deadlines and how these changes might affect your applications, so that we can assist.
* This is an update to three previous alerts on this topic, which are found here:
- CIPO Pandemic Response: Update May 15, 2020
- CIPO Pandemic Response: Update April 28, 2020
- CIPO Pandemic Response and Canada’s New Compulsory Patent Licensing Provisions
Please Note: These materials do not constitute legal or medical advice.Government initiatives, announcements, and regulations in response to the COVID-19 situation continue to evolve and change frequently.
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update July 6, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 15, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update May 15, 2020*
- November 23, 2020 Media Mentions William Honaker Discusses Underrepresentation of Female Inventors on The Feldman Report
- November 17, 2020 Media Mentions Philip Retting Quoted by Crain's Detroit on IP Work During the Pandemic
- November 16, 2020 In the News Cindy Villanueva Elected Communications Director for Los Abogados Board of Directors
- November 3, 2020 In the News Michael Spink again named to IAM Strategy 300 – the World’s Leading IP Strategists list
- October 19, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Appreciation Award from Texas A&M University School of Innovation
- October 13, 2020 In the News Bryan Atkinson Joins Dickinson Wright’s Austin Office