Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) has now updated its Service and Website Interruptions page to inform the public of new deadline extensions in response to the ongoing health crisis.
We reported in previous alerts that CIPO had extended certain deadlines falling between March 16, 2020 and May 29, 2020 to June 1, 2020.
CIPO has now announced that these deadlines, as well as any deadlines falling between June 1 and June 14, are extended to June 15, 2020.
We recommend that, where possible, clients should aim to meet the original deadlines. However, please contact us promptly if there has been a missed deadline, or if you have any questions or concerns at all about deadlines and how these changes might affect your applications, so that we can assist.
* This is an update to three previous alerts on this topic, which are found here:
- CIPO Pandemic Response: Update May 15, 2020
- CIPO Pandemic Response: Update April 28, 2020
- CIPO Pandemic Response and Canada’s New Compulsory Patent Licensing Provisions
Please Note: These materials do not constitute legal or medical advice.Government initiatives, announcements, and regulations in response to the COVID-19 situation continue to evolve and change frequently.
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update July 6, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update June 15, 2020*
- Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update May 15, 2020*
- September 26, 2022 Industry Alerts TTAB's Precedential Opinion in In re County of Orange Affirms Refusal of Registering Orange County's Unofficial Insignia
- September 23, 2022 In the News Caleb Green Recognized by the Washington Bar Association and National Bar Association as a 2022 Power 100 Honoree
- September 23, 2022 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2022 Texas Super Lawyers
- August 25, 2022 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Lawyers Ranked in Best Lawyers in Canada® 2023 Edition
- August 23, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Obtains $28 Million Settlement for Singapore Client
- August 2022 Industry Alerts Coming to Canadian Patents on October 3, 2022: Excess Claims and Continued Examination Fees