The New NAFTA, known as USMCA (in U.S.), CUSMA (in Canada) and T-MEC (in Mexico), will enter into force on July 1, 2020 (or later). As the world focuses on business resumption and recovery in the wake of COVID-19, preparing for the new agreement will be critical for companies relying on North American supply and value chains.
Episode IV in our series examines the Digital and Intellectual Property Chapters in USMCA, changes to domestic legislation in areas such as IP and technology regulation, nearshoring opportunities, and the USMCA's potential to promote innovation in North America.
Episode IV speakers include:
- Jeff Musson, Executive Director of North of 41 Tech Association
- Evangelos Razis, Senior Manager at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Center for Global Regulatory Cooperation
- Yuri Chumak, Partner, Dickinson Wright LLP
- Daniel Ujczo, Practice Group Chair, Canada-U.S., Dickinson Wright PLLC
Have a particular question you'd like to ask? EMAIL us now and we will answer it during the live webcast.
The webinar is complimentary but registration is required.To learn more or to register, please click here.
Can't attend? Sign up anyway and we'll send you the recording.
- Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode V - Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, Competition and Regulatory Alignment
- Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day
- Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode VI - Environmental Considerations and the Path Forward to a “Living” USMCA
- May 28, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode III - Managing Your Products and People Across the USMCA Borders
- May 14, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode II - USMCA Customs Compliance and Automotive Rules of Origin
- April 27, 2020 Industry Alerts Dealing with Your Obligations to Clients During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- April 27, 2020 Industry Alerts New Details about the Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance Program and the Ontario-Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance Program
- April 2020 Industry Alerts UPDATED: Canada Provides Expanded Relief To All Businesses Responding To COVID-19 Pandemic