The New NAFTA, known as USMCA (in U.S.), CUSMA (in Canada) and T-MEC (in Mexico), will enter into force on July 1, 2020 (or later). As the world focuses on business resumption and recovery in the wake of COVID-19, preparing for the new agreement will be critical for companies relying on North American supply and value chains.
Episode III in our series examines the USMCA Chapters regarding Customs and Trade Facilitation Chapter (Border Management) and Temporary Entry (Immigration) to address "at the border issues" for goods and services. Specific emphasis will be placed on the current conditions at North American land and air ports of entry and future direction of border management, security and facilitation.
Episode III speakers include:
- Joseph Comartin, Consul General of Canada in Detroit
- Hon. Pete Saenz, Mayor, City of Laredo, Texas
- Dr. Bill Anderson, Ontario Research Chair in Cross-Border Transportation Policy, Cross-Border Institute, University of Windsor
- Kathleen Campbell Walker, Member and Immigration Practice Group Co-Chair, Dickinson Wright
- Suzanne Sukkar, Member, Dickinson Wright
- Laurie Tannous, Vice President of Government and Industry Relations, Farrow
- Daniel Ujczo, Practice Group Chair, Canada-U.S., Dickinson Wright
Have a particular question you'd like to ask? EMAIL us now and our presenters will answer it during the live webcast.
The webinar is complimentary but registration is required.To learn more or to register, please click here.
Can't attend? Sign up anyway and we'll send you the recording.
- May 14, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode II - USMCA Customs Compliance and Automotive Rules of Origin
- April 30, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day
- April 27, 2020 Industry Alerts Dealing with Your Obligations to Clients During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- April 27, 2020 Industry Alerts New Details about the Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance Program and the Ontario-Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance Program
- April 2020 Industry Alerts UPDATED: Canada Provides Expanded Relief To All Businesses Responding To COVID-19 Pandemic