Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
The New NAFTA, known as USMCA (in U.S.), CUSMA (in Canada) and T-MEC (in Mexico), will enter into force on July 1, 2020 (or later). As the world focuses on business resumption and recovery in the wake of COVID-19, preparing for the new agreement will be critical for companies relying on North American supply and value chains.
Episode III in our series examines the USMCA Chapters regarding Customs and Trade Facilitation Chapter (Border Management) and Temporary Entry (Immigration) to address "at the border issues" for goods and services. Specific emphasis will be placed on the current conditions at North American land and air ports of entry and future direction of border management, security and facilitation.
Episode III speakers include:
- Joseph Comartin, Consul General of Canada in Detroit
- Hon. Pete Saenz, Mayor, City of Laredo, Texas
- Dr. Bill Anderson, Ontario Research Chair in Cross-Border Transportation Policy, Cross-Border Institute, University of Windsor
- Kathleen Campbell Walker, Member and Immigration Practice Group Co-Chair, Dickinson Wright
- Suzanne Sukkar, Member, Dickinson Wright
- Laurie Tannous, Vice President of Government and Industry Relations, Farrow
- Daniel Ujczo, Practice Group Chair, Canada-U.S., Dickinson Wright
Have a particular question you'd like to ask? EMAIL us now and our presenters will answer it during the live webcast.
The webinar is complimentary but registration is required.To learn more or to register, please click here.
Can't attend? Sign up anyway and we'll send you the recording.
- Webinars Mark High and Kathleen Campbell Walker to Participate in CUSBA/AmCham Toronto "USMCA/CUSMA/T-MEC at One Year" Webinar
- Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode VI - Environmental Considerations and the Path Forward to a “Living” USMCA
- Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode V - Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, Competition and Regulatory Alignment
- February 2, 2021 Webinars CUSBA Presents 9th Annual Cross-Border Economic Forecast
- December 14, 2020 Webinars Mobility Innovation in the Great Lakes - Alive and Well
- November 2020 Media Mentions Mark High Presenting at Canada-U.S. Business Association (CUSBA) Virtual Event
- November 17, 2020 Media Mentions Dan Ujczo Quoted by Politico on Issues Canada Will Tackle with Biden White House
- August 27, 2020 Media Mentions Dan Ujczo Quoted by Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
- August 19, 2020 Webinars Strategies for Easing Non-Essential Travel Restrictions at the Canada-US Border