The New NAFTA, known as USMCA (in U.S.), CUSMA (in Canada) and T-MEC (in Mexico), will enter into force on July 1, 2020 (or later). As the world focuses on business resumption and recovery in the wake of COVID-19, preparing for the new agreement will be critical for companies relying on North American supply and value chains.
Episode II in our series will address the "nuts and bolts" of customs compliance for all companies navigating USMCA and engage in a "deep dive" on the new automotive rules of origin (ROO). The Episode will include a general review of key issues for determining and certifying origin under the Agreement, valuation, and specific examples from sectors such as automotive, chemicals, energy, textiles and technology. The session also will include an update on North American supply chain issues during COVID-19.
Episode II speakers include:
- Adam Hill, President and COO, Scarbrough International
- Tiffany Melvin, President, North American Strategy for Competitiveness (NASCO)
- Eric Miller, President, Rideau Potomac
- Bruce Thelen, Member, International Trade & Customs, Dickinson Wright
- Dan Ujczo, Practice Group Chair, Canada-U.S., Dickinson Wright
The webinar is complimentary but registration is required.To learn more or to register, please click here.
Can't attend? Sign up anyway and we'll send you the recording.
- May 28, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode III - Managing Your Products and People Across the USMCA Borders
- May 27, 2020 Industry Alerts Cross-Border Travel Between the U.S. and Mexico/Canada – Non-Essential Travel Restrictions Extended to June 22, 2020
- May 05, 2020 Industry Alerts President Trump Renews Threat of Tariffs Against China in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic | 特朗普总统重申对中国加征关税的威胁应对新冠疫情的大流行
- April 30, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day
- April 30, 2020 Industry Alerts CMHC Comments on the Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance Program
- April 27, 2020 Industry Alerts New Details about the Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance Program and the Ontario-Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance Program
- April 23, 2020 Webinars Continuity for US Businesses – During & After COVID-19
- April 22, 2020 Industry Alerts The United States Issues 90 Day Customs Duties Deferral for Companies Experiencing Significant Financial Hardship Due to COVID-19
- April 20, 2020 Industry Alerts Wanted In Canada: Manufacturers and Suppliers to Address COVID-19