Prince Conference Center, 1800 E Beltline Ave SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 49546
Join Dickinson Wright for our next Sunrise Seminar entitled #YouToo Can Do More To Address And Prevent Sexual Harassment In the Workplace.
Friday, August 3, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Prince Conference Center
1800 E Beltline Ave SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Recently, media outlets and workplace conversations have been filled with discussions about #MeToo disclosures, accusations, revelations and admissions. The discussions often lead to the same or similar questions: What more could have been done to prevent this from happening? Will this have an impact on our workplace? If so, what should I expect? You likely asked yourself the same questions. You know what sexual harassment is. You train your employees. You have policies in place prohibiting sexual harassment and advising to report it if it occurs. However, the troubling question(s) still loom – Am I missing something? Should I be doing more? Can I avoid “Me Too” complaints?
Miles Uhlar, Trial Attorney, EEOC Detroit Field Office and Dickinson Wright Employment Attorney Christy McDonald will present an interactive presentation on the appropriate proactive and preventive steps employers and HR personnel can take to assess their workplace culture, promote workplace civility, conduct thorough investigations and appropriately address harassment complaints and observed behavior. They will also discuss the impact of the #MeToo movement on the workplace, how to address and minimize the impact, and the best practices employers should put in place to reduce - if not completely avoid - sexual harassment issues within the workplace.
Don’t miss this informative complimentary morning seminar on employment relations matters. To register, please click here.
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Governor Snyder Implements Changes To Michigan’s Minimum Wage And Sick Leave Laws
- November 2018 Industry Alerts What Employers Need to Know About Employee Marijuana Use Under Proposal 1
- November 2018 Industry Alerts Mid-Term Election Fever: Coming to a Workplace Near You
- October 10, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright's Employment Practice Recognized on the Phoenix Business Journal Law Practices List
- June 22, 2018 Industry Alerts Michigan Repeals Prevailing Wage Act
- June 13, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Tracy Bergeron Lucha Quoted in the Law Times Article “Workplace Restorations Can Help After Investigations”
- May 23, 2018 Conferences MICPA Conference- Employment Law: It Affects Family Companies Too on May 23, 2018
- May 2018 Industry Alerts The Times They Are A-Changin’: More States and Cities Move Ahead of the Courts by Prohibiting the Use of Prior Salary Information in Hiring
- April 19, 2018 - April 20, 2018 Conferences 43rd Annual Labor & Employment Law Institute on April 19 - 20, 2018