Prince Conference Center, 1800 E Beltline Ave SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 49546
Join Dickinson Wright for our next Sunrise Seminar entitled #YouToo Can Do More To Address And Prevent Sexual Harassment In the Workplace.
Friday, August 3, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Prince Conference Center
1800 E Beltline Ave SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Recently, media outlets and workplace conversations have been filled with discussions about #MeToo disclosures, accusations, revelations and admissions. The discussions often lead to the same or similar questions: What more could have been done to prevent this from happening? Will this have an impact on our workplace? If so, what should I expect? You likely asked yourself the same questions. You know what sexual harassment is. You train your employees. You have policies in place prohibiting sexual harassment and advising to report it if it occurs. However, the troubling question(s) still loom – Am I missing something? Should I be doing more? Can I avoid “Me Too” complaints?
Miles Uhlar, Trial Attorney, EEOC Detroit Field Office and Dickinson Wright Employment Attorney Christy McDonald will present an interactive presentation on the appropriate proactive and preventive steps employers and HR personnel can take to assess their workplace culture, promote workplace civility, conduct thorough investigations and appropriately address harassment complaints and observed behavior. They will also discuss the impact of the #MeToo movement on the workplace, how to address and minimize the impact, and the best practices employers should put in place to reduce - if not completely avoid - sexual harassment issues within the workplace.
Don’t miss this informative complimentary morning seminar on employment relations matters. To register, please click here.
- Seminars Sunrise Seminar - #You Too Can Do More to Address and Prevent Sexual Harassment in the Workplace on March 16, 2018
- Seminars International Insight: Succeeding in Canada Seminar | Bloomfield Hills
- Conferences 43rd Annual Labor & Employment Law Institute on April 19 - 20, 2018
- November 13, 2020 Blogs 2020 USCIS I-9 Guidance Round-Up
- October 23, 2020 Industry Alerts Governor Whitmer Signs COVID-19 Legislation Applicable to All Employers
- September 30, 2020 Industry Alerts 従業員の20％以上を解雇する場合の隠れたコスト - 退職年金プランの部分的終了 | The Hidden Cost of Terminating 20% or More of Your Employees – Partial Termination of the Retirement Plan
- September 2020 Blogs 米国移民局の予算危機と米国移民制度への潜在的影響 | The USCIS Budget Crisis and Its Potential Impact on the U.S. Immigration System
- August 2020 Blogs ラストチャンス契約―有用なツールです。| Last Chance Agreements – A Useful Tool
- July 13, 2020 Blogs COVID-19 感染が OSHA の指針に基づく「業務に関連した」「記録される対象の」ものであるかどうかの判断 | Determining When a COVID-19 Illness Is “Work-Related” And “Recordable” Under OSHA Guidance