Join Dickinson Wright for our next Sunrise Seminar entitled #YouToo Can Do More To Address And Prevent Sexual Harassment In the Workplace.
Friday, March 16, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
2675 Bellingham Dr,
Troy, MI 48083
Recently, media outlets and workplace conversations have been filled with discussions about #MeToo disclosures, accusations, revelations and admissions. The discussions often lead to the same or similar questions: What more could have been done to prevent this from happening? Will this have an impact on our workplace? If so, what should I expect? You likely asked yourself the same questions. You know what sexual harassment is. You train your employees. You have policies in place prohibiting sexual harassment and advising to report it if it occurs. However, the troubling question(s) still loom – Am I missing something? Should I be doing more? Can I avoid “Me Too” complaints?
Gail Cober, Director, EEOC Detroit Field Office and Dickinson Wright Employment Attorneys Tim Howlett and Christy McDonald will present an interactive presentation on the appropriate proactive and preventive steps employers and HR personnel can take to assess their workplace culture, promote workplace civility, conduct thorough investigations and appropriately address harassment complaints and observed behavior. They will also discuss the impact of the #MeToo movement on the workplace, how to address and minimize the impact, and the best practices employers should put in place to reduce - if not completely avoid - sexual harassment issues within the workplace.
Don’t miss this informative complimentary morning seminar on employment relations matters. To register, please click here.
- June 22, 2018 Industry Alerts Michigan Repeals Prevailing Wage Act
- June 13, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Tracy Bergeron Lucha Quoted in the Law Times Article “Workplace Restorations Can Help After Investigations”
- May 23, 2018 Conferences MICPA Conference- Employment Law: It Affects Family Companies Too on May 23, 2018
- May 2018 Industry Alerts The Times They Are A-Changin’: More States and Cities Move Ahead of the Courts by Prohibiting the Use of Prior Salary Information in Hiring
- April 19, 2018 - April 20, 2018 Conferences 43rd Annual Labor & Employment Law Institute on April 19 - 20, 2018
- April 6, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer David Houston Co-Authored The Michigan Lawyers Weekly Article “Do Labor Arbitrators’ Scorecards Threaten the System?”
- March 27, 2018 Webinars Can You Accommodate My Tattooed Ferret? Approaching Disability and Religious Accommodations in the Millennial Age Webinar on March 27, 2018
- March 2018 Industry Alerts Michigan Court of Appeals Offers Guidance to Employers in Documenting Reasons for Hiring, Promotions
- February 28, 2018 Industry Alerts One Minute You’re In, the Next, You’re Out: NLRB Vacates the Short-Lived Hy-Brand Decision and Reinstates the Browning-Ferris’ Joint Employer Standard