Join Dickinson Wright for our next Sunrise Seminar entitled #YouToo Can Do More To Address And Prevent Sexual Harassment In the Workplace.
Friday, March 16, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
2675 Bellingham Dr,
Troy, MI 48083
Recently, media outlets and workplace conversations have been filled with discussions about #MeToo disclosures, accusations, revelations and admissions. The discussions often lead to the same or similar questions: What more could have been done to prevent this from happening? Will this have an impact on our workplace? If so, what should I expect? You likely asked yourself the same questions. You know what sexual harassment is. You train your employees. You have policies in place prohibiting sexual harassment and advising to report it if it occurs. However, the troubling question(s) still loom – Am I missing something? Should I be doing more? Can I avoid “Me Too” complaints?
Gail Cober, Director, EEOC Detroit Field Office and Dickinson Wright Employment Attorneys Tim Howlett and Christy McDonald will present an interactive presentation on the appropriate proactive and preventive steps employers and HR personnel can take to assess their workplace culture, promote workplace civility, conduct thorough investigations and appropriately address harassment complaints and observed behavior. They will also discuss the impact of the #MeToo movement on the workplace, how to address and minimize the impact, and the best practices employers should put in place to reduce - if not completely avoid - sexual harassment issues within the workplace.
Don’t miss this informative complimentary morning seminar on employment relations matters. To register, please click here.
- October 2019 Industry Alerts Michigan Court of Appeals Holds that Violating Code of Ethics a Legitimate, Non-Discriminatory Reason for Termination
- October 2019 Industry Alerts The Sixth Circuit Reaffirms the “Less Burdensome” Standard for Adverse Actions in Retaliation Claims and Upholds Punitive Damages Against Employer
- September 2019 Industry Alerts DOL Issues Final Overtime Rule Increasing the White-Collar Employee Salary Threshold. Employers Have Until January 1, 2020 to Change Payroll Practices
- September Industry Alerts Pay Transparency and Pay Equity in Ontario
- July 22, 2019 Webinars Strategies for Arbitration Agreements: Yay, Nay or How?
- June 27, 2019 Media Mentions Wendy Hulton Speaks to Canadian Lawyer on Sexual Harassment Training
- April 25, 2019 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Tops Rankings in 2019 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- March 2019 Industry Alerts Employment Law Issues Continue to Evolve with Hairstyle, Sex Gossip, and Emotional Outburst Disability Protections
- January 2019 Industry Alerts NLRB Focuses on “Entrepreneurial Opportunity” to Return to Pre-Obama Board Independent Contractor Test