Join Dickinson Wright for our next Sunrise Seminar entitled #YouToo Can Do More To Address And Prevent Sexual Harassment In the Workplace.
Friday, March 16, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
2675 Bellingham Dr,
Troy, MI 48083
Recently, media outlets and workplace conversations have been filled with discussions about #MeToo disclosures, accusations, revelations and admissions. The discussions often lead to the same or similar questions: What more could have been done to prevent this from happening? Will this have an impact on our workplace? If so, what should I expect? You likely asked yourself the same questions. You know what sexual harassment is. You train your employees. You have policies in place prohibiting sexual harassment and advising to report it if it occurs. However, the troubling question(s) still loom – Am I missing something? Should I be doing more? Can I avoid “Me Too” complaints?
Gail Cober, Director, EEOC Detroit Field Office and Dickinson Wright Employment Attorneys Tim Howlett and Christy McDonald will present an interactive presentation on the appropriate proactive and preventive steps employers and HR personnel can take to assess their workplace culture, promote workplace civility, conduct thorough investigations and appropriately address harassment complaints and observed behavior. They will also discuss the impact of the #MeToo movement on the workplace, how to address and minimize the impact, and the best practices employers should put in place to reduce - if not completely avoid - sexual harassment issues within the workplace.
Don’t miss this informative complimentary morning seminar on employment relations matters. To register, please click here.
- April 25, 2019 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Tops Rankings in 2019 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- March 2019 Industry Alerts Employment Law Issues Continue to Evolve with Hairstyle, Sex Gossip, and Emotional Outburst Disability Protections
- January 2019 Industry Alerts NLRB Focuses on “Entrepreneurial Opportunity” to Return to Pre-Obama Board Independent Contractor Test
- January 2019 Industry Alerts New Ohio Law on Joint Employer Status Limits Franchisors from State Employment Laws
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Governor Snyder Implements Changes To Michigan’s Minimum Wage And Sick Leave Laws
- November 2018 Industry Alerts What Employers Need to Know About Employee Marijuana Use Under Proposal 1
- November 2018 Industry Alerts Mid-Term Election Fever: Coming to a Workplace Near You
- October 10, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright's Employment Practice Recognized on the Phoenix Business Journal Law Practices List
- August 03, 2018 Seminars Sunrise Seminar - #YouToo Can Do More to Address and Prevent Sexual Harassment in the Workplace on August 3, 2018