- Ujczo, Daniel D.
The New NAFTA, known as USMCA (in U.S.), CUSMA (in Canada) and T-MEC (in Mexico), will enter into force on July 1, 2020 (or later). As the world focuses on business resumption and recovery in the wake of COVID-19, preparing for the new agreement will be critical for companies relying on North American supply and value chains.
This first episode in our USMCA webinar series will target strategies for companies that are undertaking these preparations including:
- Understanding the implementation timelines in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico
- Reviewing the Uniform Regulations process and changes to your company's operations
- Undertaking a 360-degree USMCA internal assessment to see if your company is prepared
- Examining the new rules relating to customs clearance and border issues, including the elimination of the NAFTA Certificates of Origin
- Assessing the changes to Mexico's labor regime
- Reviewing how USMCA intersects with other trade deals, current status of tariffs, and changes in U.S. Customs and Border Protection rulings relating to North American trade.
Episode I speakers are:
- Andrea Van Vugt, Global Director at Harper & Associates;
- Sergio Gomez Lora, CEO of IQOM Strategic Advisors and CEO of the U.S. Office, Business Coordinating Council of Mexico; and
- Daniel Ujczo, Of Counsel and Practice Group Chair for International & Regional Practices.
Be sure to SIGN UP for the upcoming episodes in this fast-moving series.
The webinar is complimentary but registration is required.To learn more and to register, please click here.
Can't attend? Sign up anyway and we'll send you the recording.
- Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode VI - Environmental Considerations and the Path Forward to a “Living” USMCA
- Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode V - Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, Competition and Regulatory Alignment
- Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode IV - Digital, Intellectual Property and Technology Considerations Under USMCA
- August 19, 2020 Webinars Strategies for Easing Non-Essential Travel Restrictions at the Canada-US Border
- July 8, 2020 Webinars Vietnam and the Great Supply Chain Realignment
- July 2020 Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update July 6, 2020*
- May 28, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode III - Managing Your Products and People Across the USMCA Borders
- May 27, 2020 Industry Alerts Cross-Border Travel Between the U.S. and Mexico/Canada – Non-Essential Travel Restrictions Extended to June 22, 2020
- May 14, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode II - USMCA Customs Compliance and Automotive Rules of Origin