The New NAFTA, known as USMCA (U.S.), CUSMA (Canada) and T-MEC (Mexico), came into force on July 1, 2020. As the world focuses on business resumption and recovery in the wake of COVID-19, preparing for the new agreement will be critical for companies relying on North American supply and value chains.
This final episode in our series will provide a detailed review of the Environmental Chapter and implications for North America. The innovative nature of the Chapter will lead to a discussion of the various inter-agency committees, sectoral working groups, and the 6-year review process to determine "What's Next" for USMCA.
Episode VI speakers include:
- Daniel Ujczo, Practice Group Chair, International and Regional Practices, Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Anna Maiuri, Member and Environmental, Energy & Sustainability Practice Group Co-Chair, Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Andrea Durkin, Principal of Sparkplug, LLC, and Editor-in-Chief, TradeVistas
- Christopher Sands, Director of the Canada Institute at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and a Senior Research Professor, Johns Hopkins University’s Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced international Studies (SAIS)
- Gerald Schwebel, Executive Vice President, Corporate International Division, International Bank of Commerce
- Matthew Rooney, Managing Director, George W. Bush Institute - SMU Economic Growth Initiative, George W. Bush Presidential Center
Have a particular question you'd like to ask? EMAIL us now and we will answer it during the live webcast.
The webinar is complimentary but registration is required. To learn more and to register, please click here.
Can't attend? Sign up anyway and we'll send you the recording.
- Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day
- Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode II - USMCA Customs Compliance and Automotive Rules of Origin
- Webinars Vietnam and the Great Supply Chain Realignment
- August 19, 2020 Webinars Strategies for Easing Non-Essential Travel Restrictions at the Canada-US Border
- July 2020 Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update July 6, 2020*
- June 25, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode V - Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, Competition and Regulatory Alignment
- June 11, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode IV - Digital, Intellectual Property and Technology Considerations Under USMCA
- May 28, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode III - Managing Your Products and People Across the USMCA Borders
- May 27, 2020 Industry Alerts Cross-Border Travel Between the U.S. and Mexico/Canada – Non-Essential Travel Restrictions Extended to June 22, 2020