Automation Alley, 2675 Bellingham Drive, Troy, Michigan, 48083
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Hear What Employers Should Know Straight from the Source
9:30 - 11:30
Dickinson Wright is pleased to invite you to attend its next Sunrise Seminar where Gail Cober, Director of the EEOC Detroit Field Office, will discuss the latest EEOC developments, cases and initiatives. This is a unique opportunity to meet and hear from an EEOC expert who is engaged in the daily enforcement of federal laws and regulations. Some of the topics to be addressed by Ms. Cober are:
• Employer hot point policies and practices
• New guidance on leave policies and emerging issues under the ADA
• Recent developments regarding LGBTQ rights
• Barriers to recruitment and hiring
• Update on Equal Pay issues
• The EEOC’s mediation process and benefits
Gail Cober | Director of the EEOC Detroit Field Office
Ms. Cober is the Director of the EEOC Detroit Field Office. She began her career with the Detroit Office of the EEOC as a Trial Attorney in 1989. As a Trial Attorney, Ms. Cober litigated employment discrimination cases on behalf of the EEOC and served as in-house counsel to a team of EEOC investigators. Ms. Cober became part of the Detroit office’s management team in 1993. She served as an Enforcement Supervisor and Enforcement Manager, overseeing the investigative operations of the Detroit Office prior to becoming Field Director in 2006. Ms. Cober has spearheaded a variety of innovative programs in the Detroit Office, participated in a number of agency taskforces, contributed to the development and delivery of several major nationwide training programs and participated in a number of EEOC outreach programs. Most recently, Ms. Cober was part of the design and development team for the EEOC’s Compensation Discrimination Training, Intermediate Investigative Skills Workshop and Systemic Training.
The EEOC’s Detroit Field Office has jurisdiction over the entire State of Michigan and the 15 Northwest counties of Ohio. The Detroit Field Office pursues the mission of the EEOC – to stop and remedy employment discrimination – through outreach, training, mediation, charge investigation, settlement/conciliation and litigation. The staff includes mediators, investigators and attorneys.
For more information or to register for this event, contact Mellissa Boyd at 313-223-3125.
- Conferences 43rd Annual Labor & Employment Law Institute on April 19 - 20, 2018
- Seminars Sunrise Seminar - #You Too Can Do More to Address and Prevent Sexual Harassment in the Workplace on March 16, 2018
- Industry Alerts COVID-19 Surge Medical Leave Refresher for Employers
- November 29, 2022 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- November 02, 2022 Industry Alerts EEOC Releases Updated “Know Your Rights” Poster | 美国公平就业机会委员会发布最新《了解你的权利》海报
- September 27, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in Benchmark Litigation Labor & Employment 2022 Edition
- September 19, 2022 Blogs ミシガン最高裁判所による判決－性的指向を理由とする差 別は、エリオット・ラーセン市民権法で禁止されるとの判 断を下す | The Michigan Supreme Court Holds That Discrimination On The Basis Of Sexual Orientation Is Prohibited
- July 7, 2022 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to Columbus CEO Best Lawyers 2022
- July 5, 2022 In the News Sara Jodka Named to National Law Journal’s 2022 Employment Law Trailblazers List