In an increasingly global marketplace, international trade has become an important part of the business of many companies. The global business environment offers a number of unique challenges and opportunities, so companies that operate globally require a legal partner that understands the complexities of international law. That’s why both U.S-based companies operating around the world and international companies operating in the U.S. rely on Dickinson Wright for legal assistance.
Dickinson Wright draws on the resources of more than 40 practice areas to offer an integrated solution to our clients’ global business needs. Additionally, our team maintains extensive contacts with leading law firms throughout the world. Dickinson Wright works with clients across industries, with specialized experience in the manufacturing and industrial sectors.
Some of the international practice’s areas of expertise include:
- Assisting with mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and the establishment of subsidiaries, branch offices and facilities for foreign companies doing business in the U.S.
- Providing counsel on matters related to employment, immigration and visas for foreign nationals working in the U.S.
- Helping with issues relating to government investment incentives, taxation and finances.
- Providing counsel on international sales, distribution, marketing, financing and letters of credit.
- Providing legal support on matters of licensing and technology transfer.
- Assisting clients with customs and international trade issues, including customs compliance, customs fines, penalties, seizure and investigations, NAFTA and other preferential trade agreements, consumer product safety and a host of other issues.
- Helping clients protect their intellectual property, including their patents, trademarks and copyrights worldwide.