Health care professionals and practices rely on Dickinson Wright’s team of health care attorneys for strategic advice on the legal, regulatory, reimbursement, and business challenges they face. With offices across the United States and in Canada, our lawyers deftly devise efficient and cost-effective solutions, providing a full-spectrum of services to meet our clients’ needs.
• Assisting with ongoing health care business operations, including governance, ownership, professional and non-professional staffing matters, credentialing and licensing matters, employee benefits
and HR matters, intellectual property
protection, information technology
, and immigration
• Developing, implementing, and enforcing risk avoidance strategies, including compliance policies, protocols, and rules and regulations as well as conducting internal audits and investigations.
• Assisting with government investigations in state and federal court, civil and criminal proceedings, and at hearings before administrative bodies.
• Ensuring compliance with state and federal laws such as HIPAA, HITECH Act, anti-kickback laws and the Stark law, and comparable state laws.
• Conducting data security risk assessments, implementing security and privacy protocols, and advising on data breach remediation, reporting, notifications, and incident responses.
• Advising on collaborative, joint venture, and other strategic arrangements as well as antitrust concerns, and conducting due diligence investigations to assess potential risks.
• Negotiating and drafting documents for all types of business arrangements, including those with hospitals, insurance companies, vendors, billing companies, and other health care providers.
• Assisting professional practices operating across multiple states.
• Advising health care providers regarding participation in accountable care organizations and other health care delivery systems.
• Obtaining required credentials, licenses, provider numbers, certificates of need, and other regulatory approvals for providers, facilities, and services.
• Assisting with the acquisition,development, financing, and leasing of medical facilities and ancillary service facilities such as surgery centers, freestanding dialysis centers, laboratories, and urgent care centers.
• Advising on payor participation, reimbursement, refund, and billing compliance matters.
• Representing health care professionals on individual matters, including employment agreements, accreditation, professional licensing and certifications, hospital privileges, peer review matters, disciplinary proceedings, and asset protection planning.