Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
We have extensive experience on all sides with various worldwide, regional and specialty media companies. Our lawyers have formed hundreds of various business entities and assist media business owners, C-Level executives and board members in their day-to-day operations and overall strategies. We have tax strategy experience with regard to media business sales and mergers related to C-Corps, S-Corps, LLC’s, partnerships and nonprofits. Below are some examples of the work that the lawyers within our firm have done in this area:
• Formations, corporate governance, compliance and sales of media-related S-Corps, LLC’s or Series LLC to other S-Corps, C-Corps or LLC’s.
• Formation and Funding of Series LLC entities to protect intellectual property (IP) or media assets from various forms of liability.
• Formation, sales and wind-downs of media-related S-Corps, LLC’s and nonprofit entities around the country.
• Assistance with drafts, negotiations and valuations for buy-sell/shareholders agreements of media companies.
• Litigation related to covenants not to compete for or against media companies or personalities.
• Litigation assistance in shareholder purchase agreements.
• Due diligence related to e-commerce media companies merging or selling with particular exit strategies and technology licensing components.
• Daily advice to worldwide music, administration, and publishing administration through all mediums.
• Daily advice to worldwide record labels and distributors (with major label distribution).
• Daily advice to TV, film, advertising, show and music production companies.
• Media advice to hotels and resorts.
• Advice to “Billion Dollar Companies” with regard to specific uses of media and liability.
To learn more about major areas of our Media practice, please select from among the following: