Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Organizing and implementing a health care transactional contract can be extremely complicated and at times even counter-intuitive. Matters related to privacy, referrals, payor requirements, licensing, fraud and abuse, medical malpractice, non-profit status and change of ownership rules and filings, as well as other regulatory matters cannot be inadvertently overlooked. While a traditional business lawyer can help with structuring and documenting commercial operation matters related to employment, real estate, mergers, contracts, and the like, health care transaction lawyers can navigate through the maze of regulations and statutes that define a health care transaction.
With so many regulations, restrictions, and potential violations that medical facility owners must avoid, you and your group absolutely benefit from working with the experienced health care transaction lawyers at Dickinson Wright.
• Acquisitions and dispositions
• Hospital mergers and acquisitions
• Acquisitions of physician practices by hospitals
• Joint ventures and partnerships
• Employment agreements
• Formation / reorganization of health care systems
• Formation of integrated delivery systems
• Formation of hospital-owned physician group practices
• Managed care contracting
• Contracting for ancillary services
• Sales and transfer of assets
• Products and distribution issues
• Tax / non-profit
• Financing, refinancing and restructurings
• Health care regulatory compliance
• Medical staffing
• Physician recruitment
• Medicare fraud and abuse
• Information systems security
• Medical technology acquisition