- magna cum laude
University of VirginiaJ.D., 1982
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Governance and Corporate Compliance (2013-present)
- Listed in "AB's Top Lawyers List - Construction and Corporate Law," AZ Business Magazine (2011)
David Thompson's practice encompasses corporate, transactional, and business matters, with particular emphasis on providing counsel to management of small to mid-size companies. He regularly represents buyers and sellers of closely-held businesses in the negotiation, documentation, and closing of purchase and sale transactions. He also represents healthcare providers, including physician and other professional groups, diagnostic imaging centers, clinical laboratories and others in both business and regulatory settings.
David also has substantial experience in corporate finance, assisting clients with securities offerings and secured lending. He recently acted as borrower's counsel in a first-of-its-kind bond financing for the purpose of constructing public school facilities. He has represented clients in administrative proceedings and investigations involving federal and state securities, trade, and banking agencies.
- American Bar Association
- Actively involved in fundraising and other alumni activities for Amherst College
- Member and chairman of the Board of Directors, Ballet Arizona, 2004-2010
- Guest speaker (numerous occasions), Securities Aspects of Real Estate Development, Arizona State University Masters of Real Estate Development program