Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
We work with American and Canadian franchisors taking their systems across the border or overseas. We also work with foreign franchisors seeking to operate in the U.S. and/or Canada. In either situation, we provide advice and assistance with all applicable legal issues, including:
• Selection of corporate entity and capitalization issues;
• Negotiating master franchise licenses or area development agreements;
• Revising and customizing standard disclosure documentation for compatibility with applicable jurisdictions;
• Tax considerations and structures;
• Immigration advice regarding travel, temporary employment, visas, NAFTA, etc.;
• International intellectual property, technology licensing and brand protection;
• Employment law issues;
• Registration with state and national regulators; and
• Cross-border supply chain and product distribution issues.
To learn more about major areas of our Franchise & Distribution practice, please select from among the following:
Franchise & Distribution
Starting a Franchise System
Growing a Franchise System
Franchise Dispute Resolution