Joe Pytel is a Member in Dickinson Wright's Troy office. Joe concentrates his practice on providing strategic counseling on intellectual property matters and preparing and prosecuting patent applications. He has significant experience in the electrical, computer hardware and software, and mechanical arts. In addition to patent preparation and prosecution, Joe has experience in providing patentability and infringement opinions.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Joe supported a major automotive company while at Electronic Data Systems and Hewlett Packard holding roles including project software engineer, engineering project manager, and global ITIL process owner for Change and Release Management.
Kettering UniversityB.S., Computer Engineering , 2001
Kettering UniversityM.S., Operations Management , 2002
Kettering UniversityM.S., Manufacturing Management , 2003
Thomas M. Cooley Law SchoolJ.D., 2012
- magna cum laude
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- "Rising Star," Intellectual Property, 2018, 2020-2023
- Admitted to the USPTO
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association; currently serving as Secretary.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association; member
- Author,“OEMs and Suppliers are Investing in New or Improved Driver Assist Measures as Industry Journeys to Fully Autonomous Vehicles,” Detroit Legal News, May 2021
- Co-Author, "USPTO Pandemic Response," Dickinson Wright Client Alert, April 2020