Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Join Dickinson Wright for "Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies" webinar on Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. ET.
Technical advancements, in both vehicle electrification and automation, are increasingly focused on software innovations, while the focus on hardware innovations appears to be somewhat diminished. Protecting intellectual property associated with software innovations can be a daunting and, sometimes, a confusing task. In fact, many owners of software intellectual property believe that software intellectual property is not patentable or not practically enforceable.
In this webinar, Robert Weiss, John Krieger and Joe Pytel will explore the various mechanisms for protecting software intellectual property for vehicle electrification and automation technologies, including various pitfalls and best practices.
Importantly, our discussion will focus on the following areas and how they relate to the protection of intellectual property associated with software innovations:
- Protecting Software - Algorithm protection vs. code protection (including a discussion on copyright protection and patent protection and further discussion on trade secret protection requirements and considerations presented by John Krieger)
- Software Patentability threshold (e.g., 101)
- Patents as a defensive mechanism against infringement claims
- Patent disclosures as a mechanism for preventing others from securing rights
- Software Infringement detection
- Employee mobility considerations for Intellectual Property (e.g., keeping trade secret valid as employees leave the company)
To learn more about this webinar or to register, please click here.
Our presentation is complimentary, but registration is required. We are looking forward to your participation!
Can't attend at this date/time? Register anyway and we will send you the recording.
- Webinars Automotive Industry Electrification: Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies | 電気および自動運転車技術におけるソフトウェアの知的財産の保護
- Industry Alerts The Who, What, Why, and How of NFTs, the Metaverse, and IP
- Seminars Roundtable on IP and International Trade Shows on October 18, 2017
- November 21, 2023 Industry Alerts EV Newsletter Vol. 1 No. 9
- October 23, 2023 Industry Alerts Plugged In: An EV Newsletter Vol. 1 No. 8
- September 26, 2023 Industry Alerts Plugged In: An EV Newsletter Vol. 1 No. 7
- July 24, 2023 Industry Alerts Michigan Supreme Court Decision – A Reminder on Requirements Contracts
- June 22, 2023 Plugged In: An EV Newsletter Vol. 1 No. 6
- May 17, 2023 Industry Alerts Plugged In: An EV Newsletter Vol. 1 No. 5